Any tips on losing weight without working out?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)
  1. writerjrose profile image70
    writerjroseposted 9 years ago

Any tips on losing weight without working out?

2. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

In all honesty, without exercise why bother?  I'm sorry that sounds harsh, but if you aren't ready to work, you won't lose the weight and keep it off.  Exercise is imperative for good health.  Even those who have disabilities still need to do what they can.

You can count calories using numerous free sites like myfitnesspal or caloriecount, but most everyone there will also tell you that to be fit and to feel healthy you'll need to do more than just lose the weight by restricting calories.

Those who exercise also do not have to restrict as many calories as they lose their excess weight. 

Also if you lose weight without exercising at all, there is a tendency to just become a smaller, flabby version of yourself.  Most people when they lose weight want to get a leaner, more toned look and it doesn't happen with just diet alone.

writerjroseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't sound harsh, you do have a point. Exercising is not just about losing the weight, it's about being and feeling healthy. Losing weight without any fitness involved will probably leave you with 'loose skin'. Thanks for your comment! smile

3. iskhoso profile image60
    iskhosoposted 9 years ago

Hi  writerjrose,

Infact I am not over weight therefore I have no such experiences for losing weight. One thing I must say to avoid excessive thoughts about any thing. In my opinion excessive thoughts creates burden and ultimately results in tensions and tensions results on your body structures.

Excellent point, especially if you're a stress eater! smile

4. Laura Schneider profile image84
    Laura Schneiderposted 9 years ago

Eat fewer calories and don't snack--the little things add up bigtime!

Snacking may seem like it's nothing, but you're right, bits here and there really do add up! smile

5. arksys profile image85
    arksysposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12225210_f260.jpg

drink lots of water when you feel really hungry (that 10-11am feeling). take small portions and spread it out in the day. the attached pic also gives you an idea of the portions you should use.

you could also throw yourself in the most stressful situations or go into depression, you will lose weight with time but your skin will start to hang after a couple of months. you need to exercise so you don't look skinny and ill at the same time.

Drinking water is a big tip, especially when you feel like snacking! And that's a great visualization. I don't necessarily agree with throwing myself in stressful situations or depression, I've found keeping yourself busy to be a better solution smile

2. arksys profile image85
      arksysposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I don't recommend going on the stress route either, but it is a way to lose weight without exercise. tongue
      I agree with The Examiner. Cut the sugar, especially the type you get in liquid form. A detox might help too.

3. writerjrose profile image70

lol that is true, and I didn't even think about a detox so thanks for mentioning that!.Is it bad that I immediately thought of the master cleanse/lemonade diet?

4. arksys profile image85
      arksysposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not at all. Although I've never properly gone through the whole detox "diet". I take dry husk with a gulp of water every once in a while to get a good inner scrubbing. I'm not much of a diet control person though, just work a little harder instead.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I did it by altering my daily diet/meals suited to me, selecting the right foods of protein, vegetables, fruits. Foods which are good for my self. Dropping sugar (including artificial sweeteners), glucose/glucose syrup, etc.
    Not going by a diet plan made for making money that you see on commercials.

Your diet is a huge factor in weight loss, especially cutting out sugar! Sugar = Fat. Thanks for your idea smile

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome.

7. connorj profile image68
    connorjposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12225362_f260.jpg

Yes indeed, stick to a high protein and low fibre diet. Always measure out your relatively small proportions and make ice cold distilled water your primary or only drink of choice. You could add tea leaves or coffee beans or lime or lemon to the distilled water for variety. Oh ya, and  play ice hockey as often as possible because it is good for your brain and fitness...

Thanks for the tips! Lol I can't play hockey, but I love the idea of playing a sport. I used to play soccer a lot and it was a great way of keeping me fit, all that cardio!

2. connorj profile image68
      connorjposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, I understand that you can't play hockey and that is a good thing. My sister played hockey and made the Hockey Hall of Fame. My brother and I did not! She overshadowed us. Just kidding; soccer is an excellent choice. Indeed it is highly cardio

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

if you are talking about gymn excercise, here are some tips what you can do with hitting the gym.

household chores-window cleaning, mopping, wash the toilet,etc
    brisk walking in the evening
    walking your dog
    taking the stairs instead of lift or escalator

Great points, there are so many things in our daily lives that can help us lose weight. I'd also suggest if you're going out, to park your car further away from the entrance, it forces you to walk. A little goes a long way! smile

9. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Cutting back on sugar intake, sweets (candy, chocolate, cakes, doughnuts, pastries), and salty snacks helps with weight loss. Sugar converts to fat and salty snacks makes the body retain water which adds to weight. Try it for a few weeks and see what happens.

I have noticed cutting back on those items definitely helps with the weight loss. I am such a sucker for chocolates, cakes and salty chips lol so it's definitely a challenge. Thanks for your input! smile

10. Kristen Howe profile image90
    Kristen Howeposted 9 years ago

You can take a walk outside, ride a bike, do Pilates and yoga. Eat salads and other healthy foods, drink plenty of water, go for a swim. Use your staircase to climb up and down instead of using the elevator.

11. monia saad profile image60
    monia saadposted 8 years ago

Certainly even a little exercise will help you to Lift your body in the case of weight loss. Without practicing it seems difficult. I think that walking or riding a bike is easy

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)