jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What causes unemployed yet highly educated and qualified people not desiring to

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What causes unemployed yet highly educated and qualified people not desiring to work

although there are jobs available instead they prefer to make excuses as to the reasons they do not wish to work?

2. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

I have noticed that some people have no ambition. They lack the drive needed to go out and be successful. They lack initiative. I am personally acquainted with a person that will not search for work of any kind. He kind of expects the world of employment to come and seek him out. Granted, he has a learning disability, but he is quite capable of doing manual labor or uncomplicated repetitive tasks. But he just will not go out "job hunting". I'm sure it's a fear of failure, but I think a certain recreational drug might have something to do with it also.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Money, I mean the salary. My teen is working in singapore now after she graduate in singapore poly. Lots of her friends are still jobless because they are comparing with each other who has more pay. If the company gives less salary, they would wait and see for better opportunity. Oh yes, also less work, work in air cond office and near to their HDB flats. They are fussy

4. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 2 years ago

I was once told there are people who work good in the corporate area, people who work best for themselves, and people who are artists. Maybe the person who doesn't work needs to find his passion. Otherwise, it could be emotional issues, especially when the period of unemployment lasts too long.