To those who were fired from their jobs for cause(excluding downsizing, outsourc

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

To those who were fired from their jobs for cause(excluding downsizing, outsourcing, and related

indicators) such as insubordination, tardiness, and time/attendance issues, how DID you bounce back from being terminated?  If you didn't bounce back from your termination, did you resign yourself to your fate?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12347104_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

I started my own business! After having a serious of bad luck with jobs I started (very slowly) my (very) small company. I lost 2 jobs back to back where I was laid off due to things out of my control. At the 3rd I was fired for "back talking" the supervisor. I really just questioned his ability to do something, and well he didn't like it too much. So I had a giant moment of realization where I decided I could no longer work for other people.
    Here I am 8 years later. Still doing foreclosure inspections for banks, though I'm doing less and less as the years go by because I'm focusing on raising my family. It really was sort of the best thing to happen to me career wise. I don't play well with others. Being my own boss allows me to set my own schedule and earn as much or as little as I want. It's the best thing for me because if anything happens to my husband's job I have the ability to step up to the plate to work on replacing his income. I love it.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

My situation mirrors that of Peeples in several ways.  I hated my career path and although I can play nice with others, I really don't want to be around people constantly. 

I worked in hotel management and at one point I was sexually harassed and bullied by a manager who was of a faith that sees no problem with demeaning and belittling women. Because of his religion and fears of being viewed as intolerant, the company didn't fire him, but gave me and the other female assistant manager the choice to relocate or leave the company. 

I begrudgingly relocated but was so miserable I moved home 6 months later and decided never, ever again am I going to deal with that kind of nonsense and have my life put in upheaval for the profit of some company who values male employees over females (and paid them much more to boot) 

I left, started freelancing and doing various "side hustles" and businesses of my own and I would never go back to serving the public or working in a corporate setting.  I'd rather die than go through what I went through for that "career" Today, I use my smarts and creativity on my own terms and I'm so thankful that I had the hellish experience I did, because it pushed me to this place.

working