Why Is Everyone Laughing? By Bill Holland

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 20 months ago

Please read this new article by Bill Holland (billybuc)

https://hubpages.com/health/Why-Is-Everyone-Laughing

Bill, it was a pleasant surprise to see a new article by you. I think a lot of us can relate to your sentiments about rarely being truly (100%) happy. Everyone has some regrets, and often wish they had done or were doing different things with their lives. We do usually make the most of what we have and embrace as much happiness as we can in each situation.
    Thank you for sharing your personal feelings and thoughts on the matter. I think your new adventures you have planned with Bev are exciting, and hope they bring you happiness.

1. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 20 months agoin reply to this

As always, excellent penning by our beloved Bill. I found it a bit sad, though. Bill always seems to be so cheerful and optimistic. Letting us in on the dark cloud that follows him daily was painful to read.

I love you, Bill. Wish I could give you a hug.

I've been reading your new blog, but am always at work when I do. I don't remember my WP password (it's in a book at home), so can't leave a comment. I'll have to remember to look it up so I can give you my thoughts.

1. billybuc profile image85
        billybucposted 20 months agoin reply to this

No reason to be sad, Sha. Life is good, and I'm enjoying it.  And I love you too, dear friend.

2. billybuc profile image85

Thanks, John! I suspect a great many people feel as I do, and that is why I wanted to write this.  And thank you for sharing it in the forums.  Take care, my friend.

1. Aliswell profile image60
        Aliswellposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I am definitely one of those sharing your feelings Bill, and we both share the sadness of losing our Dads at an  age that would shape our lives forever on!
        But here we are Bill, both in our 7th decade of experiencing life as scripted by some mysterious playwright, and wondering what lies ahead after we leave this theater.
        Really great to have you back on the HP site. I just hope my reply makes it through the HP maze of ridiculous difficulty in posting comments!!!

1. bravewarrior profile image87
          bravewarriorposted 20 months agoin reply to this

It did and is beautifully stated!

2. billybuc profile image85

You made it, Bill, and I thank you for commenting. It's all good, my friend. I am enjoying the heck out of life, doing my own thing, loving others, being loved...it's all good. And thank you for sharing your own person struggle.

3. MariaMontgomery profile image91
      MariaMontgomeryposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Bill, I don't quite know what to say, other than hang in there. I think we've all been there at one time or another. My brother was an alcoholic. Our mother was his enabler. Many times I have wished I had handled the situation better, and found a way to help him find the strength you found. I always looked forward to your articles. I once read that seeking happiness is like a cat chasing its tail. When constantly pursued, it constantly eludes, but when the cat lies still, that tail is always right there.

On a different note, I am surprised, but very happy to see you back on HP. I hope you will drop by HP again soon. Meanwhile enjoy your travels.

Thanks for weighing in, Maria.  We all have issues, and we all have weights to carry. I am no different. I learn to adjust and live life to the fullest...and that's not bad at all.

2. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 20 months ago

Bill,

I will think about this before I comment--however, on that note you could not be a close friend of mine without laughing and being happy. And if you were here in my computer room I would hub you until you were feeling happy.

I am happy we heard from you because I missed your hubs and your gentle ways you comment to ladies. You have to know that you are loved on HubPages.

Until I am Ready to talk,

Your Hubber Friend,

Bobbi Purvis

Hey, Bobbi, thanks for taking the time to read.  I got a hankerin' to write something for HP again, so here I am. I have read your articles since I left, but had no way to let you know that or comment on them, and that's a shame HP must carry.

3. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90

That is supposed to be HUG not Hub.---Yes, I am crazy!!

Bobbi Purvis

I was hoping it was a hug. LOL

4. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90

Bill,

There are many accolades to describe a wonderful man like you to all the ones who have communicated with you over the years. I have known you as a hubber for over ten plus years. You are a very tender-hearted person who lets the little negativizes of the past hang on in your mind and heart. I am also one of these people, however, I have learned a great lesson---to live in the moment--grab happiness and hang on---and you will surprise yourself when you wake up smiling one morning for no reason--other than you found your happiness.

Grab your happiness in Bev (I hope I remembered her name correctly.) Life without someone--is no life of complete happiness as well as I know.

Love to a special man that is well loved here at HubPages.

Bobbi Purvis

Thanks Bobbi!  For the most part, I enjoy life and I am satisfied with it.  But giddy happy?  Not sure about that one. smile

Love to you, my friend!

5. bhattuc profile image85
    bhattucposted 20 months ago

Thought provoking work by Bill. Good reading. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much, bhattuc! I appreciate you taking the time to read the words of this old man.

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 20 months ago

Hello Bill!
    Your article is a pleasant surprise, and I am very much inspired by your words. You have that talent of saying something, which reaches the hearts of the readers.
    I agree with you that no one is always happy, but it’s a good idea not to share our unhappiness with others. Positive vibes only— Thank you for sharing this excellent and valuable article. I believe, it’s a response to Brenda’s word prompt.
    Thank you John,  for sharing Bill’s work.

Thank you, as always, ChitrangadaSharan. I can always count on you to stop by and comment from your heart.

7. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 20 months ago

Good to hear from you, Bill. Thanks for sharing, John. Of course I can relate to the sentiments in this article. I think that Bill speaks for many of us, as usual. He has that knack of expressing what we feel. Perhaps, wanting more happiness is a healthy reason for us to keep living.

Perhaps it is, Ms Dora. I had not thought of that, but it makes perfect sense, and I would expect nothing less from you.

8. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 20 months ago

Thanks for sharing this excellent reflective article. It was a pleasant surprise to read an article from you after quite some time. As usual, you are brilliant.

Thanks, John, for sharing Bill's work.

Thank you Ravi!  I appreciate you taking the time from your busy day to read my thoughts. I hope this finds you well.

9. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 20 months ago

Thanks John for sharing Bill's latest introspective piece.  My thought after reading it, is that Bill is a realist.  We are all complex individuals who navigate life each day depending upon a mixture of circumstances.  There are bound to be dark days plus sunny ones.  Just as the weather changes, so do our emotions.  Wishing everyone moments of pleasure each day.

Peggy, I have always thought of myself as a realist. Interesting that you should say it.  We are complex creatures for sure. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

10. Stephen Tomkinson profile image92
    Stephen Tomkinsonposted 20 months ago

Hello Bill.
    A thoughtful piece that I am sure will strike a chord with many. Often, I believe, the gaiety that we see in others is a mask that hides something. What might this "something" be? I suppose that different people would call it different things and some might be depressed. However, in my case, it is a feeling of unease, a thought that things haven't gone as they should have. You clearly have good friends here - no small thing.
    I'll stop before I begin rambling. Stay strong and enjoy the good things.

Stephen, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I hate to say this, but perpetually giddy people make me very nervous. I can't understand how someone can constantly be "over the wall" happy. smile

11. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 20 months ago

I hope your future plans bring happiness to you and your family, Bill. Best wishes.

Thank you Alicia. All will be well. At the very least, my future plans will bring me adventure and wonder, and that ain't bad.

12. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 20 months ago

Hi Bill. It was truly a delight to see an article from you. I missed the weekly ones. Anyway, I’m happy you’re back. Little things make me happy now without necessarily pursuing happiness as a goal. I am content and that’s what matters. Thanks for writing about your personal experience.

There you go, Mary, contentment is a lofty goal in my opinion. Thank you for sharing that. I hope this finds you well.

13. profile image0
    healthyouposted 20 months ago

Hang in there Bill. Things will get better. I will pray for you.

Thank you healthyou. I appreciate the kind thoughts. Best wishes and blessings to you always.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)