Epilepsy Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatments by Pamela.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 20 months ago

Please take some time to read this informative article by Pamela.

Epilepsy Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatments

Thank you!

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
      Brenda Arledgeposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Hey gal...
      So glad that hasn't happened again.

There seems to be another forum floating around & I answered the other one.

I'm glad to see everyone helping each other with these posts.

Great article on Epilepsy.

Misbah786posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, Bredz. You are so kind. I hope you are doing well. Please keep me posted smile

Love and Hugs!!

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
          Brenda Arledgeposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I'll do my best.  Having test tomorrow then more appts later this week.

Keep writing.   I'll catch up one day soon.

Hugs
          Bredz

Please take care and know that I love you smile

Hugs!!

2. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 20 months ago

Pamela, I have experienced seizures twice in my life. The second one was quite serious in which I literally cut my lower lip and gum with a knife. I was working in my kitchen with a knife in my hand when I fell down. I don't know how, but the moment I woke up, I realized I was lying on the floor. My lip and gums were bleeding. Doctors said it was due to stress. My blood pressure was also really high at the moment. I took Diazepam for 5 days as prescribed by the doctor. I never went back to the doctor for further checkups, but I'm glad it didn't happen again. smile

Take care and keep smiling.
    Much Love and Blessings!

3. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 20 months ago

Oh Misbah, I am sorry to hear that. I hope you never have another seizure. This can be serious for some and well controlled for others. Thank you for your comments and for posting my article.

You keep smiling too!
    Many Blessings and Much Love!   ♥️

Pleasure!
      ..... and thankyou! smile

4. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 20 months ago

A handy article Pamela. Epilepsy is quite common, at least in the subcontinent, and most of the time, it is challenging to give first aid to the patient during times of emergency simply due to ignorance or not knowing what to do. Your article provides valuable information in that regard. Thanks for sharing. By the way, I have heard that if a person with epilepsy is made to smell a leather article, it will help to reduce the seizure. Is it a myth, or does it work?

Thanks, Mosbah, for sharing. I am sorry to hear about your experience and pray that you remain healthy in the future.

Ravi, thank you so much for your kind wishes! Much appreciated! I, too, wish you good health and success. smile

5. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 20 months ago

This is another helpful article, Pamela. I have known a few people with epilepsy, and even our toy poodle Jackson, had an occasional seizure where his body would suddenly go stiff and he would shake.
    Thank you for sharing this, Misbah.

6. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 20 months ago

Pamela has shared some useful information about epilepsy. One of my students developed the problem. He performed repetitive movements during an event but didn’t lose consciousness. My father had the disorder and did lose consciousness, but fortunately the disease was diagnosed and helped soon after his first seizure.

7. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 20 months ago

I have encountered people in my life with seizures. And I found them scary. Your article shows helpful tips through the story of Mary. I do hope there is more ongoing research. Thank you, Pamela for an informative and educative article once again.

Thanks, Misbah, for sharing Pamela's post.

8. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 20 months ago

Ravi, As fas as I know smelling leather is a myth. Seizures usually don't last too long, but sometimes you do need emergency medical care, especially if they fall and hit their head or something like that, I think epilepsy is common everywhere. I appreciate your comments.

John, Yes, dogs can have seizures. I'm glad you found the article helpful. Thank you for your comments.

Linda, I imagine there is a genetic component for some people. I am glad your student got diagnosed quickly. I appreciate your comments.

Rosina, It is scary to see someone having a seizure, especially a grand Mal seizure when they have so much shaking. People want to help, but putting a person on their side is the most important thing you can do so they don't choke.I appreciate your comments.

I hope all of you have a wonderful week.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)