jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Diabetes

1. anupma profile image65
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

Can diabetes be cured without medication?

1. aka-dj profile image75
      aka-djposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cured? Not sure that's the right word to use.

However, I have known of people that have had "reversals" of the condition.
      IE, they go off insulin, or were able to drastically reduce their insulin dosage,
      after using food based supplements.

anupmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ya it cannot be cured, but sugar level can be maintained through diet, exercise and meditation.

2. sanathara profile image60
      sanatharaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Diabetes can not be cured forever.However you can control your sugar level by diet  and some special exercises.
      Follow yoga with Pranayam(breathing exercise) and some aasans. Do 'Kapalbhati Pranayam' ; 'Mandukaasan' and 'Taadasan' .Your sugar will be in control.

Ya, yoga plays a major role, but it must be done under the Supervisor, otherwise it can be harmful to health.

2. Herba Linch profile image70
    Herba Linchposted 6 years ago

Try to search about Purple Corn and see how its anthocyanin allegedly works to keep blood sugar levels normal.

Thanx for help. Bitter Gourd, black Jamun can also be helpful.

3. GmaGoldie profile image84
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

My grandfather was "border-line" for decades - never went on medication.  Many of my personal training clients have stated that exercise controls their blood sugar best.  What is amazing some of my clients continued to be technically obese - by the standards set forth of the waistline circumference (women 35", men 40") and yet IF they exercise the sugar levels can be maintained.   Exercise may not be a cure but it is a great preventative therapy which I wish I could encourage more people to take advantage of.

Our culture has promoted lethargy.  Changing that paradigm is key to our good health not just for diabetes but for all ailments - heart, arthritis and more not to mention back and knee problems.  The back is supported by the abdominal muscles and tight hamstrings can cause a bad back.  The knee joint is supported by the muscles around it.

Muscles are the armor of our body, exercise is the true natural medicine that we all need.

Great, ur answer enriches my knowledge. I also want to spread this knowledge to as many people as possible, because it is a very harmful disease that cause even death too.

working