jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Everything comes to a end...so too our lifes...what's the point

1. musclequest profile image69
    musclequestposted 5 years ago

As the years pass I have seen some of my favorite things,people and family come and go.why do we work so hard to build our lifes and then just die?its like building a bridge and knowing that bridge is going to break one day.what's the point?

1. AEvans profile image69
      AEvansposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is all apart of the cycle of life. I also wanted to let you know you posted the same thing 4 times, so you need to delete 3. smile

1. musclequest profile image69
        musclequestposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I saw I made I bit of a mistake,haha its not spam haha ok what cycle

2. AshtonFirefly profile image81
      AshtonFireflyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I guess that depends on what people feel their purpose is in this life, or if they even have a purpose. Most people want to enjoy the life they have here on earth, if that is possible.
      I'm guessing that you don't feel happy with your life anymore hmm

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We live to Love others and to Love God.
      And there is the promise of living forever spiritually through Jesus the Christ if we're willing to become born-again.

4. musclequest profile image69

Ok guys so what happens to non christians then

5. musclequest profile image69

Ok guys so what happens to non christians then

1. Cassie Smith profile image65
        Cassie Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nonchristians have no soul so their bodies decay and go back to earth and scare atheists with the possibility of being part of global warming.

6. Ramsa1 profile image62
      Ramsa1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

This life to me is a learning experience. We are at school, if you like, and there are many lessons for us to learn. As individuals and as humans, how far have we really progressed? We keep making the same mistakes over and over again. War is a good example of this. We have been killing each other for thousands of years. When will we beat those swords into plowshares?

7. yolanda yvette profile image60
      yolanda yvetteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The point is to know your Creator and be known by Him.

2. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 5 years ago

Life can be a tricky thing to fathem at time, I agree. I guess you just have to take with the rough with the smooth, and take advantage of your time here.

3. whoisbid profile image72
    whoisbidposted 5 years ago

This depends on how we view the beginning and the end. My father died recently but I don't view it as death like everyone else does. I had to speak at his funeral and I told everyone he is not in the coffin.  A lot of the people who were there are christians and muslims who are supposed to believe there is hope for the supposed dead but I felt hardly any of them believed what they say they believe. If they did, they would be full of hope.

4. Hendrika profile image72
    Hendrikaposted 5 years ago

I agree that it all seems without purpose, but we have to believe in a better life hereafter. Still, it does not explain how people that believe in the resurrection of the dead cling to life.

5. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

This is why so many people want there to be a God and an afterlife.  Personally I believe you live the best life you can while you're here.  Have fun, love your family and friends, do the things and activities you enjoy, open your mind and your heart, eat good food, drink good wine, keep your body healthy and take care of yourself so you can enjoy all the good things for as long as you can, and don't squander the time you have been given.

6. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you see no point in life, go visit a psychiatrist--that's a symptom of pretty serious depression.

working