jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you reduced your spending on Christmas gifts this year because of the econo

1. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 6 years ago

Have you reduced your spending on Christmas gifts this year because of the economic situation?

The news does not seem to be improving, so how much impact has it had on your spending for Christmas? Are you shopping less, or buying from cheaper places, or does it not matter at all?

2. naeemebrahimjee profile image76
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 6 years ago

Yes I have!
    Christmas is almost the most expensive time of year for everyone. You really have to sharpen your budget now.

I actually wrote an Hub about saving money at Christmas last week; but i know your not suppose to link hub to answers......so i won't if, if you want you can look for it big_smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I won't be buying any at all this year. Luckily, I don't have kids to worry about. I've been unemployed for 6 months and just have enough to pay my rent, food and regular bills.

4. Cat R profile image73
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

I don't have a choice. Money is tight, prices are sky-rocking and jobs don't pay like they used to. And with troops being pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq and services being reduced, the job market will be going to hell soon.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes.  My husband retired on disability and this year it is being cut way back and oddly enough, I am looking forward to Christmas again because it is not about spending huge amounts of money.

6. JenJen0703 profile image82
    JenJen0703posted 6 years ago

I have had no money due to a workman's compensation lawsuit I am waiting to finish next month in court.  I cannot work.  I have no money to buy gifts for my kids.  Toys for Tots had a huge toy give away last week.  The toys were the leftover surplus for their campaign.  There was a garage full of toys.  I received a 39-gallon garbage bag full of nice toys for my kids.  Thanks Toys for Tots!!

7. possum lover profile image59
    possum loverposted 6 years ago

I spent about as much as I always do, but my spouse surely hasn't.