jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you really think of Christmas?

1. creativebutterfly profile image59
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

What do you really think of Christmas?

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

I think it would be a wonderful holiday if we celebrated it right. At this point, we all do too much shopping buying presents for people that don't need them. We should be helping the truly poor instead. As a Christian, I think our focus should be more on celebrating the birth of Christ.

I love the aspect of families getting together and celebrating with a meal though. It is a great family time.

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I think it should be about Christ.........it's far too much about presents and everyone wanting what they want.  It's Christ's birthday, so why should be be focused on what we want so much?

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

While I think the celebration and hubbub are fun, I do believe that it is a celebration that has gotten way off course.  As a Christian, the real reason for the holiday gets lost in the materialism, and that is very unfortunate.

5. rLcasaLme profile image73
    rLcasaLmeposted 6 years ago

I agree with Emily Sparks. We truly missed the true spirit of christmas, though other propositions weren't bad, but we are really missing of what's the point of it.
    I've just written a hub about it. I'd recommend reading it not because I'm trying to promote it, but because I really want us to get back the grasp of what we're missing.
    Anyway, please let me greet everyone a Merry Christmas!

6. mpoche4 profile image82
    mpoche4posted 6 years ago

It is the most wonderful time of year!  Even though gift giving is fun, Christmas always reminds me to get in the spirit of giving back.  I try to implement whatever I do at Christmas through the following year.

7. catchpennyfashion profile image58
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

I think capitalism took a holiday that is meant to be celebrated by Christians since it's the birth of Christ and turned it into a mass production event to sell more products.
    But I'm not a moralist, and don't care about that. I actually love Christmas and decorating the tree and buying gifts smile