jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

I'm running out of where to hide Xmas Gifts for loved ones at home. Any ideas?

1. Lady_E profile image73
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

I'm running out of where to hide Xmas Gifts for loved ones at home. Any ideas?

I don't like people seeing their gifts before Xmas or trying to take sneaky peeks....

2. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

I hide mine in the boot of my car under lock and key!
    but, shh ...  don't tell!

3. revortay1 profile image70
    revortay1posted 6 years ago

Hide them at a neighbors house that you trust ;]

4. Healthy Pursuits profile image92
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 6 years ago

Put a clean sheet in the bottom of the hamper. put gifts in it and cover with another clean sheet.
    Put in the trunk of the car.
    small pkgs can be hidden inside laundry detergent or dryer sheet boxes, or behind cleaning products that nobody but you uses.
    I opened the bottom of a cereal box and put a gift there once. Closed it with Elmer's glue and nobody noticed.
    If you have a storage unit, that works.
    Neighbor's house. But that can become complicated if the neighbor's kids think it's for them.
    Have someone without children act as the neighborhood stash house for gifts. They would probably get a real kick out of it.
    Long skinny things go behind the refrigerator or dryer.
    tie the hem of hanging pants and stash things there. Or hang down inside of a formal dress that you haven't worn in years.
    If your kids never clean their rooms, hid their gifts under their beds.
    That's all I can think of.

5. catchpennyfashion profile image60
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

For small gifts:
    in the Kitchen pantry in high selves behind the food
    inside the purses you least use and keep in your closet
    inside running shoes

Bigger gifts:
    At other family member's houses

I don't suggest you hide them in your car, since Christmas season is the time most car's get broken into.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

Children can be quite clever when it comes to finding the gifts you hide before Christmas Day.  Here are some ideas about great places to hide your children's Christmas presents before the big day. read more

7. possum lover profile image55
    possum loverposted 6 years ago

Try hiding them at a relatives house. Also please use the word Christmas in your questions, and when you get a moment please check out this hub which I stumbled across - http://theholestory.hubpages.com/hub/The-Word-Christmas

8. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

In the trunk of the car, with the car locked, keys put safely away.

9. profile image0
    madmilkerposted 6 years ago

Lady_E ...I put all mine out in the corn crib next to the two holer on the down wind side....

not to many members in the family like to be in that vicinity especially after Bubba makes use of the out house....

if you happen to not have a corn crib.... try the hen house or the wash shed.

10. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 6 years ago

My mom would wrap up our gifts and put other people's names on them. Then, in a book, she would correspond the fake name with the real kid as a sort of index tongue

She would also leave them with neighbors or lock them up at my dad's office

11. engelfantasydream profile image58
    engelfantasydreamposted 6 years ago

hide it in the rooftop lols hahahah or in your closet that got lock ...like that..basement lock it or ware house..smile hope make sense if not then sowie me hahaha

12. athena2011 profile image54
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

As a kid I always found my gifts before Christmas and it didn't ruin it for me at all. One year our Mom was giving all us kids s stereo player and I had written a list of records (remember records?) I wanted. I actually played them all before Christmas came. It was fun.

As far as hiding places for gifts, my main concern would be that I remember where I hid the gifts, so many of the excellent ideas given in some of the other answers would frighten me about being able to remember and find the gifts when needed.

I think neighbors, grandparents or friends' homes might be best.

13. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

A very wise man my dad, once told me that; The least expected place for anthing is in plain site right under their noses. Just don't put a label on it right away, let them guess.

14. penelopae profile image71
    penelopaeposted 6 years ago

My parents used to keep them in the trunk of the car. A friend rents a heated storage unit every year that has electric access. She spends whole weekend afternoons in there at her little folding table, wrapping, organizing, sorting, etc. Because she only needs it for one month and gets it every year, the cost isn't that much. And because she and her husband have the only keys, her kids aren't able to sneak around and find any of their gifts ahead of time.

working