jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day like the rest of the world?

1. thesingernurse profile image81
    thesingernurseposted 6 years ago

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day  like the rest of the world?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Valentine's day..I have not celebrated it for a long time .... So, I guess the answer is no. Most people would be out...

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, we don't celebrate it.  We used to get the kids little valentine gifts but have never really gotten into it.  It is pretty much of a man-made consumer-driven day and I guess that sort of rankles me.

4. ayliss08 profile image61
    ayliss08posted 6 years ago

yes, of course, we do. These days, Valentine's Day has become a very important holiday in our country. More and more people celebrate and enjoy this romantic holiday.

5. Priyankaa Bee profile image60
    Priyankaa Beeposted 6 years ago

I am dated by a 67 years old friend to celebrate his birthday at a Revolving restaurant two months ago...interesting !
    the main reason Valentine's day becoming so popular all over the world recent years is because it generate lot of $$$ ~~! spend spend spend

6. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I don't really like Valentine's day and I think it's because if you're with someone you're expected to give a gift of love. I just don't like holidays where gifts are expected. I know it sounds cold and I'm sorry for that but my husband doesn't usually get me "just because" gifts and on Valentine's day he buys me flowers because he feels he has to. To me, that's not a gift from the heart....it's a forced gift. I would rather get a hand picked bouquet that came from the side of the road on a random summer day. On the other hand, if I were hoping for a diamond ring and Valentine's day were coming up, it would be my favorite holiday!! lol

7. mann101955 profile image67
    mann101955posted 6 years ago

So far I have not celebrated this day. I do not consider this as most important day.
    Because Love is divine. This divine power should be celebrated within our Mind.

working