jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

A question in honor of Friday the 13th. How do you handle the storms of Life?

1. leroy64 profile image83
    leroy64posted 5 years ago

A question in honor of Friday the 13th.  How do you handle the storms of Life?

Do you hide until the storm is over?  Do you scream defiantly at the storms, daring them to do their worst?  Do you break out the surf board?  Do you bake a cake and make ice cream? (That last one is my usual response.)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6089063_f260.jpg

2. linleyluu profile image34
    linleyluuposted 5 years ago

I live everyday as if I am in the eye of the storm. I stand there as watch it's beauty and it's fury.

3. RHOPC profile image60
    RHOPCposted 5 years ago

There have always been storms of life for me. As an african american woman, my family and I have always struggled with credit,money, financing, etc, We have always beleievd that we have no more problems than we can bare. There isnt much more that could really take us under simply becuase having been in my social status most of my life, nothing has really changed for me. You can never miss what you do not have. The strenghth has always come from supporting one another. We pray and we beleive that we will taken care of as we always have been. So the struggle for me has always been there and has always been the same. A huge Sunday dinner with family and freinds normally binds us all together during anytime of need. You can always find peace in "Soul Food".

4. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Stay at home, listen to the music, watch movie, cook something myself and sleep.

5. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I love storms and ride them out. My motto is you gotta go through it in order to get to it. I take them for what they're worth and try to learn and grow....there's a lesson in everything.

working