jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

What color are your Christmas lights?

1. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

What color are your Christmas lights?

I tend to use all white lights, how about you?

2. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I rotate each year from all white to multi-colored, and this year it's the multi-colored lights turn.

moonfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

that's a fun way to do it!

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 5 years ago

I haven't put my Christmas lights up yet, but I have blue lights.  I wanted something pretty and a little different from the traditional red and green lights you typically see during the holidays.

yes, blue sounds really pretty!

4. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

For the windows and the few I put outside:  white.

For the tree:  I set up the tree so I can have my choice of either all white, all multi- or both (for a double blast of lighting) on the holiday itself.  I only do the multi color for the couple of people in the family that prefer them, and I avoid them if possible (except when I figure someone who likes them should have what they like for awhile).   Most of the time I use the white ones.  Christmas night, as it gets later and later, I eventually tone down the lights and go back to the only-white again.

sounds cozy smile

5. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

We change out our lights outside from time to time just to be different. My favorite for about 3 years runing was when we used purple in the trees and to trim the house and green in the bushes. (The last couple of years I've started to notice a few other people around town with purple lights.)  My favorite for the tree has always been blue.

I detest white lights. We have so many people in our area that put up only white lights and I find it boring. This time of year it's kind of dark so I like the lights - they make things cheery - but I prefer color. All white, to me, just seems like more of the same lights you put outside for security and more of the same lights used indoors for general lighting.

we have white lights sprinkled in the trees around our deck and it looks so pretty...but the purple and blue sound awesome!

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We use the clear or white little lights.  They look so festive and elegant, I really like them.

I like the elegant look of white as well....I've tried the colored ones and they're nice but I always go back to white.

7. slackermom profile image77
    slackermomposted 5 years ago

I put white lights on my tree and colored lights outside.

8. Ov Strickland profile image60
    Ov Stricklandposted 5 years ago

same here -- white lights are pretty much a classic IMO.

9. beatriceflores profile image61
    beatricefloresposted 5 years ago

So far I have always been using white, but I may switch it up this year to multi-color ones. By the way I prefer the warm white vs the very bluish "white".

10. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

We combine the traditional multi-colored lights w/ hanging white icicle lights.

11. Any Other Voice profile image61
    Any Other Voiceposted 5 years ago

White, white, white to compensate for the lack of snow in Florida.

working