jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

23 more days till Christmas, what does that mean to you?

1. PoetasDsigns profile image61
    PoetasDsignsposted 5 years ago

23 more days till Christmas, what does that mean to you?

2. johnwindbell profile image75
    johnwindbellposted 5 years ago

Frankly, I'm more interested in the 21st than the 25th. Christmas has been destroyed by business. The shift is more meaningful.

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The planetary alignment of the 21st does have my attention also.  While I don't see a doomsday, this alignment is significant.

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

While I don't let the holidays consume me, it does mean a few things.   I will begin decorating my home next weekend.  Christmas shopping is easy this year.  I am only shopping local businesses, no major department stores or chain stores.  It also means some holiday themed projects at work, a Christmas party and family gatherings.
    It marks the end of the year when I begin making goals for the new year.  It's a special time of the year, but I don't get caught up in the madness.  I try to keep it peaceful and fun.

4. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Yesterday was the first day of Advent, which is a special time for the Christian aspect of my life. I take some time each day to feel like an expectant father, for the Child of God belongs to us all. When we care for God as an infant in our own arms, a whole new dimension of mystical love opens up for us.

My primary focus is on the natural calendar, and December 21 6:12am Eastern US time is a special minute for me, for even in darkness, there is light. I get the same feeling from Hanukkah, the Jewish midwinter festival of lights which gives us the courage to continue in faith while enduring persecution.

And the week of December 1-8 is also a special time for me as a Zen practitioner, as it is Rohatsu, a time of intensive meditation in memory of the Buddha's successful effort to Awaken.

5. CassyLu1981 profile image85
    CassyLu1981posted 5 years ago

My husband will be home from his 6th deployment in less than that and we will finally get to spend Christmas as a family!!!

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm so happy for you. Are you going to cover him in duct tape roses? Even better - I bet you want to use the duct tape to keep him home! Congrats on Hub of the Day!

2. cat on a soapbox profile image97
      cat on a soapboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful! I wish you all a happy time together smile

6. Geekdom profile image93
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

I am way behind on my Christmas Shopping.  Yikes!

7. samsons1 profile image76
    samsons1posted 5 years ago

It tells me I just have three weeks left to do the rest of my shopping...

8. hawaiianodysseus profile image81
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

It means full speed ahead in spite of the Mayan issue...and avoiding any panic-stricken people on the 21st while I do my last minute Christmas shopping. It also means reveling in thanksgiving and praise for a wonderful God who let me have yet another beautiful holiday season to enjoy with my wife and loved ones.

Aloha!

9. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

It means I have time to enjoy being w/ friends,  to decorate my home/garden , listen to carolers, choir, and favorite recordings, get creative w/ cards and wrapping, admire twinkling lights and beautifully decorated trees, share favorite traditions w/ my family, and savor all of the things I LOVE about Christmas. My minimal shopping is done by the end of Nov. because I put things away all year long.

10. PoetasDsigns profile image61
    PoetasDsignsposted 5 years ago

for me it means that that i have my family one more year so I thank God for that and it's also time to plan for next year to make next year better than this one

working