jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

Although holiday hubs aren't "evergreen", do you think its a good idea to write

1. tillsontitan profile image88
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

Although holiday hubs aren't "evergreen", do you think its a good idea to write them anyway?

I love holiday hubs, evergreen or not, I think they touch the heart and add spirit to the holidays.  What do you think?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 5 years ago

I so agree with you. Holiday hubs are delightful and many people are searching for some good tips, memories, traditions, nostalgia during any particular holiday. Hubs like "How to make tree ornaments", "Make your own Valentine's", etc. are very interesting and helpful to many. Although I am guilty this year of not writing many holiday hubs, I do like to focus on current holidays and write about them.  And, we must remember, that most people searching for ideas for a holiday begin searching a few months prior to an upcoming holiday -- so, as writers, we should get those holiday hubs on crafts, decorating, how to, ideas, etc. out in plenty of time for our readers to take advantage of our help and knowledge.

1. teaches12345 profile image95
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

The two I wrote are getting traffic now that the season has come around again.  I wrote them for the sharing, but glad it is getting attention and people are enjoying the read.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years ago

I've written a couple, inspired by the season.  I don't care if they are evergreen or not.  Merry!  Merry!

4. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

If you enjoy writing Holiday hubs, go for it.  They may not be evergreen all throughout the year, but they certainly will be at least once during the year.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

The general rule of thumb as I've always understood it is to publish your holiday pieces at least a couple of months before the actual holiday to give Google time to find it. I've got three Christmas Hubs that I've published since October and they're doing fairly well right now. I've got another for Mardi Gras that's just starting to see traffic. I just hope that one doesn't idle before it's time for it.

6. nanderson500 profile image86
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

I've written three Christmas hubs. It's true they're not evergreen, but they're fun anyway. I don't regret writing them. The Santa one is doing pretty well in terms of views.

7. joyfuldesigns profile image66
    joyfuldesignsposted 5 years ago

Yes I do, because when the season hits for those hubs it usually hits hard and those a popular searches, but make sure you do so plenty early to catch the traffic.  People usually search early.

8. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Since I rarely think, "evergreen," I'd have to say that Holiday hubs are a wonderful addition to our sites and it's obvious they're well-received......Even if one is deadly serious about hubbing as a "job," with earnings as they're main goal.....a Holiday Hub is a fine idea.  Actually, it can always be deleted after the Holidays if it were to pose an issue.......
    BTW...Is there a strict rule about the majority of our hubs qualifying as evergreen?  If so, I'm in serious trouble.   I'm here for one reason and one reason only.....I need to write, as sure as I need to breathe.  If not here, it would be elsewhere......The bonuses are the fabulous people whom I love dearly.....and whatever money I make.

tillsontitanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We'd be in the same boat Effer, but I don't think there is a r ule.

9. Sunshine625 profile image92
    Sunshine625posted 5 years ago

My letters to Santa and the Easter Bunny are popular year round. Might be readers trying to figure out why an adult is writing to Santa and the Easter Bunny! smile

1. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank goodness our age has nothing to do with "being an adult!!"  Peter Pan refused to grow up.  I think he had the right attitude!

10. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 5 years ago

It amazes me the traffic I get all year on Thanksgiving and other holidays.  I even get traffic from from to make Easter stuff.  As long as they don't "idle", I leave them alone.

11. Jools99 profile image91
    Jools99posted 5 years ago

I only have three Christmas hubs but they're all doing storming business for me on Amazon at the moment so even though they're pretty inactive the rest of the year, what goes around comes around  yikes)

12. Jenn-Anne profile image85
    Jenn-Anneposted 5 years ago

I had ideas for a couple of holiday hubs and then decided not to write them for fear they'll be idled during slower times of the year. I don't mind updating hubs with fresh material when it is warranted, but I don't want to be forced to constantly tinker with hubs just to keep them featured. Perhaps I'll change my mind about that in the future - we'll see. For those of you who do write seasonal hubs, I hope you'll update us on how they do!

13. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Not too many, but a few, especially if/when motivated.  Not just for Christmas, either, but year the round holidays offer loads of inspiration for hubs.

14. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I have been on HubPages since this time last year. Some of my first hubs were Christmas hubs. Those hubs from last year did pretty well this season, and I added a couple more this year. I also have an Easter hub that was popular last year, I hope it will get a nice rise in traffic at Easter. I think after a few years I'll have a nice collection of holiday hubs. Holidays come around every year, so I think they are evergreen in a way.

tillsontitanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree Sherry...holidays return every year and so do the readers of holiday hubs!

working