jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How are you celebrating International Left-Handers' Day - Today, Aug. 13?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

How are you celebrating International Left-Handers' Day - Today, Aug. 13?

Are you hugging the left-handed person in your life (after your typical bobbing and weaving to the side on which left-handers hug) telling them they're amazing?  Are you google-ing left-handed products and ordering him or her (or yourself) a left-handed corkscrew?  (I LOVE mine).  Are you reading "Lucky, the Left Pawed Puppy" ebook to the little left-hander in your life?  Ah, but be alert we do have Bill Cosby's and a few Morgan Freeman's in our group who say that our remarkable adaptation to a world sometimes unaware of our uniqueness is UN-remarkable.  But don't listen to those guys.

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I didn't even know there was such a thing. Thanks for letting me know. Later, I'll call my dad and wish him a happy left-hander's day.

Billie Kelpinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very cute.  And for Christmas you can buy him a left-handed corkscrew which I LOVE!  The torque is just right PLUS when right-handers use it unknowingly, it's great fun to see the shoe on the other foot, so to speak smile  Thanks Sheila

3. jjackson786 profile image94
    jjackson786posted 4 years ago

By telling all of my little left-handers at work that it's okay to be different (I work in an after-school program).

Billie Kelpinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ah, then email me n I'll give you the url for "Lucky, the Left Pawed Puppy" for a free download - otherwise it's at our leftpawedpuppy website for Kindle, etc.  I wrote it to empower little left handers 'cuz I wish I had had someone like you in kdg!

working