jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Gift ideas for father in law who has everything?

1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Gift ideas for father in law who has everything?

Details- Has every electronic and tool he could ever need, very religious, extremely conservative, takes lots of photos (but has all the camera gadgets already). Weak spot- His 3 year old grand daughter. Doing a late celebration for fathers day. Any gift ideas?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

One year my daughter got me a journaling book for grandmothers. The title is "Grandmother Tell Me Your Memories" and has sections for birth, parents, childhood, teen years, etc.  It is a wonderful gift that I keep journaling in to some day give back to my grandson.   Amazon has these same type journals for grandfathers. It is a wonderful and very thoughtful gift. PS: just type in grandfather journal in your search engine and you will find the Amazon link.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

ps AGAIN: the journals are very inexpensive. And a special dinner as Fhper says is a great idea.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image81
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

If you have access to his pictures, create a photo book on Shutterfly for him.  My daughter does one of these of her children for me every year.  Or a picture calendar is even more useful.  Good Luck!

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Having Dad-in-law for dinner is great for starters.  I think, because he seems to have so much of what he likes and uses....your imagination has to go into overdrive. 
    However, I have found that having "family" make a big deal of their special day is always appreciated and something they hold dear forever.  The kids can each make him their own card, complete with pictures and a note in their own words.   A framed picture of you & hubby & the kids would be nice.  Serve his favorite meal, complete with dessert and let the kids sing a song to him that they have created.
    No need to spend lots of money.  I know if something like this was a Mother's Day Gift to me, i would be thrilled!
    To top the day off, present him with a box of home made cookies to take home!   Have FUN!

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years ago

Give him a gift card to his favorite corporate chain restaurant.  Most everyone loves to go out to eat someplace nice from time to time.

6. Random Facts profile image61
    Random Factsposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9085582_f260.jpg

A brand new hobby he could do, like plane models or something like that.  And because he is religious you could get him a gift card for the religious book store.

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image83
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

Give him you and your granddaughter.  Take him out to his favorite restaurant, take him on a picnic, make a scrapbook of your granddaughter, buy a camera and you and your daughter can do photography with him.

8. amiebutchko profile image87
    amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago

Sounds a lot like my father in law.  Not sure if he'll like this, but I got my father in law an audobon society grade bird call whistle and Grillmark leather grilling glove, both from Amazon and very inexpensive!!!!!!!!  They were both really nice and he loved them!

working