What Is Your 2012 Resolution?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (64 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 12 years ago

In 2012, I strive to write more hubs, of course, and to save monies.    I shall eat healthier and exercise more.    Furthermore, I plan to do less shopping, internet  and otherwise.    I also plan to be more cheerier and forgiving that I have in the past.   What resolutions do you have for the year 2012?

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
      CyclingFitnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My resolution is to do better with my cycling and achieve my 2nd Cat license which will allow me to race Internationally Classified Races

I also plan on maintaining the impetus to write hubs as well as putting some work into a number of the blogs I have recently started

2. paradigmsearch profile image62
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To remain alive...

3. kat11 profile image58
      kat11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

A long time ago I stopped making resolutions because they were too hard to keep. Instead I make a list of twelve things I want to accomplish. It is a bucket list and writing hub pages and become a better writer is on the list. Happy 2012

4. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Write more, laugh more, enjoy spending time with my newborn son...

5. surelucky profile image41
      sureluckyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Three things I need to do desperately in 2012, namely:
      1. reduce weight
      2. reduce weight
      3. reduce weight
      If I fail to do it and in case it gets the other way around, my figures wouldn't be able to fit in my key board anymore soon...If you don't "see" me here in 2012, most probably I am still alive but waiting for the new creation of a giant keyboard..LOL

2. calpol25 profile image60
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

My resolution is to visit America next year, dont know where yet but would love to see San Francisco smile

3. rbe0 profile image60
    rbe0posted 12 years ago

I want to go to Kathmandu to be abducted by aliens. This is not a joke.

1. calpol25 profile image60
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That sounds fun smile

1. rbe0 profile image60
        rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

ya people say its a good time.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

are you going to climb the mountains there- Himalayas..

1. rbe0 profile image60

Nope. I would plan on just chilling on the roof of the hotel, waiting.

Hopefully with a few budweisers lol smile

1. rbe0 profile image60

I don't drink. But if you wanted to come join me and drink some thatd be coo.

lol I dont drink either to be honest but I would join ya just to meet the aliens smile

1. rbe0 profile image60
            2. prettydarkhorse profile image62

for the women aliens??? good luck smile

1. rbe0 profile image60

mmm never thought about that. I don't know if aliens have male and female sexes or not.

I think they dont need sexes because they would be superior in science and would not need to mate when they can use machines etc OH sorry thats us lol lol smile
                  I mean they are advanced  big_smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62

or they can be both male or female

1. rbe0 profile image60

I'd rather stay on a don't ask don't tell basis with them when they abduct me.

2. calpol25 profile image60

like hermaphrodites I suppose you could be right there smile

4. Michele Travis profile image67
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

I would like to gain some weight, ride horses.  Just a few things.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The last New Year's Resolution I made was in 1988 and haven't made one since. And,  I am not about start up again. It's just another year. wink

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62

Me too. I can't remember when I had my last New Years Resolution. But this coming year 2012 I want to make one - to gain weight.

Merry Christmas to you Cags and to the rest of the hubbers here.

2. paradigmsearch profile image62

So, every year you make a resolution to not make a resolution? Thus, you have made a resolution. The only way you can not make a resolution is to not make a resolution to not make a resolution.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only you would ask such a foolish question. I don't even think about it much less make a resolution about not making a resolution. I wouldn't even give it that much thought.

1. paradigmsearch profile image62

I'm glad we resolved that...

Yes, I'm glad I resolved your irrationality. Hopefully you feel better now. roll

To resolve is to have made a resolution. You have stated that you have resolved, thus you have made yet another resolution. Obviously, you need my assistance here. So I will reciprocate and resolve to help you not resolve to not make a resolution.

I made a resolution just now which has nothing to do with New Year's and that was to fix your irrational statement.

And just why should my current statement be any different than all my other statements?

roll

If I need to explain it to you....then you have severe issues.

6. calpol25 profile image60

Shroom It! or Leave It!

Is it better to have shroomed and lost than to have never shroomed at all?

1. Michele Travis profile image67
        Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some will never shroom enough to know sad

7. calpol25 profile image60

It must be shrooming terrible to have lost.... lol

8. Earl S. Wynn profile image78
    Earl S. Wynnposted 12 years ago

My resolution is that I'm going to spend less time stressed out and more time being productive! smile

9. paradigmsearch profile image62
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I resolve to maintain hope.

10. lighthouse15 profile image41
    lighthouse15posted 12 years ago

I want to be more friendly...

11. Rachel Richmond profile image60
    Rachel Richmondposted 12 years ago

Since we just moved to northern Cali, I intent to enjoy the trails, caverns, and everything this area has to offer.  I can't wait to get back into making crafts and start attending events. Yippee!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)