Scary stories

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Drake Slade profile image75
    Drake Sladeposted 10 years ago

Hello fellow hubbers! I have found it increasingly more difficult to get scared, I've been all over the internet so now I'm hoping someone here has something original and scary. Can't wait to see who gives me chills!

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not supposed to promote hubs on the forums; however, I have plenty of stories to give thee the chills.  In fact, some of the stories can keep thee AWAKE at night, fearing of the DARK ONE.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9099743_f248.jpg

Drake Sladeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you have a bunch of scary stories that'll keep me awake at night maybe you can post them? I checked on your profile and haven't seen anything scary yet, and your list of fears doesn't seem to apply to me either o.o

Sorry, can't post them as it is against hubpages TOS.

Checked again, some of them were idled. However, there is one called The Labyrinth, Part  IX.  Guess I have to start revamping i.e. adding more pictures to my scary hubs.  But the one I mentioned is featured for now.  There is another one called Mysterious Footsteps, that should keep ye awake for awhile.

2. bethperry profile image81
      bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Once, I went to the grocery store and bought half a dozen pot pies. When I got home I baked them all..but there was NO pot in any of them!!!!

1. Sed-me profile image78
        Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. bBerean profile image60
        bBereanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you think that is scary, you may want to consider a move to Washington or Colorado.  Real POT pies are legal.  Personally, I find that scary.

I thought they were called "brownies."

2. kenneth avery profile image79
    kenneth averyposted 10 years ago

Drake: Read my newest hub: "15 Things to Never Say to a Driving Instructor," I even learned to use photos with this piece. You will certainly not sleep.

3. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 10 years ago

Drake, different things scare different people. I find over time I have found it more and more difficult to be scared...usually psychological thrillers have the most chance of doing it....blood and gore just gets tedious. What type of thing usually scares you. I have a few darker hubs...Stalked By Evil, Mr Sammy's Torture Chamber, Body in the Forest...but they are poetry so may not be what you want.

4. Cheeky Kid profile image96
    Cheeky Kidposted 10 years ago

Well. I've got a hub with some scary games. Hehehe. It's called "Scariest Games on the Internet" and it's at the bottom part. big_smile

5. Melissa Noon profile image68
    Melissa Noonposted 10 years ago

It depends on what you get scared of? For me who loves horror movies and stories I find sinkholes to be the most terrifying thing ever.

I have written some horror stories on here but I like psychological horror more than terror.

Still if you have Facebook there is a lot of horror Facebook pages that is full of clips and shorts and articles and interactive games that can be spooky. When I go back on Facebook I will try and find some of these pages for you.

6. Sed-me profile image78
    Sed-meposted 10 years ago

Once, when I was about 12 yrs old... my parents left me home alone. I was upstairs watching TV in their room and I heard a giant crash upstairs with me... I was so terrified I called the police. They came and searched the house... do you know what they found? A bulletin board had fallen off my wall and hit the floor. It was just laying there... on the floor... lifeless! Did that FREAK YOU OUT?!!!

Drake Sladeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Woah! You had me on the edge of my seat. I'd love to see the movie to that story! Lol.

Sed-meposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Once I was really sick... it was some auto-immune stuff and I was hallucinating. If I could mind meld with you, I could freak your freak.

7. Drake Slade profile image75
    Drake Sladeposted 10 years ago

I'll read poetry. I like Edgar Allan Poe, so maybe I'll like yours.
    I'm not really looking for a game or anything like that, I was just hoping to read some of those little things that people find scary. Since I don't know what scares me, I would have been looking for which story got a reaction out of me, that's all... Was just for fun, not really trying to be analyzed.

1. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Check out this hub I just read...two sentence horror stories, pretty freaky and not mine: http://carrieleenight.hubpages.com/hub/ … or-Stories

2. Warren Curtis profile image70
      Warren Curtisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Check out my story Wonder: a Short story in fear

8. Sed-me profile image78
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Check out my stuffing recipe. It's not really scary, but I could use the hits.

1. bBerean profile image60

Depending on your sausage selection, it could be scary.

I did grind it myself... <Shudder>

1. bBerean profile image60

"...put the lotion in the basket..."

I had to google that. Never saw the movie. lol

2. Warren Curtis profile image70
            Warren Curtisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Lol

9. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 9 years ago

I once wrote a very long poem around Halloween inspired by Poe... i hung it in my cubicle. A few days later i was fired because, "many people thought is was scary and disturbing". I secretly smiled.

10. Sed-me profile image78
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I need to stop watching Dexter. Every one is freaking me out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)