jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What is your favorite children's book?

1. VeronicaFarkas profile image84
    VeronicaFarkasposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite children's book?

Whether it be one you remember from your childhood, one that you've read to your own children, or one that you've read in passing, do you have one that is your absolute favorite? Mine is "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch.

2. Nate Ahern profile image60
    Nate Ahernposted 6 years ago

"Cowboy Small," by Lois Lenski.  Matchless.  My 8-month-old eats it up (yes, that way too).

3. dkm27 profile image60
    dkm27posted 6 years ago

Bedtime for Francis.  The illustrations are incredible.

4. EyesStraightAhead profile image84
    EyesStraightAheadposted 6 years ago

"The Sleeping Rose" by Angela E. Hunt. I also enjoyed "Love You Forever" and found it to be a great kids story.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Nakoma Creek, can't recall the author, but we read it together and the kids loved it.  Wrinkle in Time is my personal favorite.

6. pajamazzon profile image60
    pajamazzonposted 6 years ago

My favorite book when i was 10 years old was Daniel Defoe's "Robinson Crusoe". I made a book report about it and now my son, who's now 10 years old enjoy reading it too.

7. samadaslam profile image61
    samadaslamposted 6 years ago

My favorite book in my childhood was "A Tale from An Arabian Night" and I still have that. It has same interest as it has when I was a kid.

8. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I don't remember the author's name but the book is called "On the day you were born". I bought it for my grandson and it's beautiful!!

9. kittyjj profile image71
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

My favorite children's book is "To Market to Market" by Anne Miranda.  Very funny story with hilarious pictures and rhyming words.  I almost laughed my head off the first time I read it.  I still smile every time I think of it.  Just love it!!!

10. danajconnelly profile image70
    danajconnellyposted 6 years ago

Are You There God, It's Me Margaret?

11. profile image0
    Amanda Beck Mauckposted 6 years ago

The Best Loved Doll. by .Rebecca Caudill loved the drawings...they still are fresh in my mind

12. Shawna Moy profile image58
    Shawna Moyposted 6 years ago

I always loved all of the Amelia Badelia books growing up. Equally loved the Babysitters Club books!

13. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

It is extremely difficult to pick one...but if I had to it would be
    Danny, the Champion of the World. It is full of fun and cleverness and demonstrates familial love so well.

14. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

My favorite children's book growing up was "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and a couple select goosebumps books including "Monster Blood" and "Welcome to Camp Jellyjam"