jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is one of your favorite pieces of Sci-Fi literature?

1. Mentalist acer profile image61
    Mentalist acerposted 7 years ago

What is one of your favorite pieces of Sci-Fi literature?

Anything that Asimov or Clark wrote as classical science fiction brought forth the modern concepts in many of our present day dystopias...

2. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 7 years ago

not sure that I agree with your assertions about Clark and Asimov, Verne and Wells were both using dystopian themes at the end of the 19th century.
    I just had a quick look at the Encyclopaedia of Science Fiction, Clark and Asimov don't even appear in the section on dystopian SF.
    One of my favourites is Brave New World, satire and dystopia

3. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

I like Clark, Asimov, and a lot of the older greats. And while sci fi has tons of classics, the more contemporary authors are better in touch with the technology today.

Not to say they weren't visionary for their time or still don't hold up, but newer writers foresee the future obviously through a more informed lens of scientific data.

4. Anita_Lumley profile image76
    Anita_Lumleyposted 7 years ago

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Absolutely love that book. I also like Philip K. Dick and Douglas Adams. Not sure if Adams is considered Sci-fi, but I love his writing

5. meow48 profile image75
    meow48posted 7 years ago

I am gonna age my self.  my favorite will be when worlds collide. read it as a child in the sixites. loved asimov.  liked Dune, and course, being from indiana, Kurt Vonnegut will always be my favorite author.  don't even know what dystopia means, i assume it means dysfunctional societies, if my latin holds. oh well, thanks for asking. meow48

6. Elefanza profile image77
    Elefanzaposted 7 years ago

Ender's Game hands down. I almost feel that story goes beyond just being sci-fi, it's that good. Ender's Shadow is also amazing.

7. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

I used to love John Wyndham's sci-fi novels and short stories.

Of his novels I like "Day of the Triffids" best. It is not a long novel more an extended short story. But it is far more interesting than the 1960's movie.

I can also recommend his anthologies of short stories.

working