I have now written 8000+ words of my first thriller novel which I hope to have p

1. Resolver2009 profile image69
    Resolver2009posted 7 years ago

I have now written 8000+ words of my first thriller novel which I hope to have published in the...

future (80000 words later or so ;p), but I was wondering if there is any publishing agencies or similar I could send the "thesis" to.. and get some valuable feedback to see if it has any publishing value.

Does anybody have any experience with this?Or any suggestions? All answers are much appreciated. Thank you!

2. wingedcentaur profile image82
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Its my understanding that publishers like to have a synopsis or "thesis," as you put it, along with say, the first thirty (30) pages or so. If they like that they will ask you to send more of the manuscript or the rest of it.

As for finding publishing houses, as you know, all you have to do is Google. You want to look for publishers that accept unsolicited manuscripts, not all do. If you have an agent all the better.

But then again I guess you don't have an agent. Otherwise you woulnd't have to ask us. My understanding is that after you send in part of the novel (with self-addressed and stamped envelope for return please -- if you don't send this along with return postage, they won't touch it).

Lastly, since publishers are inundated with many thousands of manuscripts, I would say you're in for a wait time (after you send in the manuscript) of between four to eight weeks, if not much longer.

Good luck!

3. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Wingedcentaur is almost right.  To submit to a publisher, you do send in a synopsis of your novel - but ONLY a synopsis.  If you send any part of your manuscript, it will go straight on the slush pile and no one will read it.

Most publishers won't even accept a synopsis direct from authors, but will only deal with agents - so your first step is to find an agent.  Try the Preditors & Editors website to get started.

However, 8,000 words is nothing.  You may feel confident of your ability to finish it right now, but I can guarantee it will take you longer than you think.  Don't forget, once you've written "the end", you'll need to spend considerable time editing and polishing your work, then writing a really killer synopsis.  So I recommend getting it ready before you start looking for places to submit.
    http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/Ge … ed-Editing

working