jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

has any buddy writing a book or hot it published or did it for fun

1. joe mitchell profile image53
    joe mitchellposted 7 years ago

has any buddy writing a book
    or hot it published
    or did it for fun

2. lawrencebeach2010 profile image60
    lawrencebeach2010posted 7 years ago

Yes I have, its a great stepping stone in a writing career. Writing is such sweet sorrow in itself. Whats one your mind?

3. suncat profile image59
    suncatposted 7 years ago

it's fun and you should try it.

4. profile image0
    Ruach Eishposted 7 years ago

Well I am writing a book and it isn't published, but I'm not really doing it for 'fun' as such.  I am doing it firstly because writing is as essential as breathing to me and I've been doing it all my life and can't do anything else, but also to prove something to myself because I have a problem with lack of self esteem and writing is a way of directly fighting that.  So if I get this book finished I will consider it a huge achievement whether or not it is ever published.  I do hope it WILL be published, I need the money! but that isn't why Im writing it.

5. W. K. Hayes profile image91
    W. K. Hayesposted 7 years ago

Four published novels and counting. Although getting published is anything but, 'for fun.' Publishing companies will not waste their time on submissions unworthy of being published and submitting a bad work to a publisher is like burning a bridge. Doing so will cause them to reject any future work without bothering to even look at that new work.

6. profile image46
    Eliyanaposted 7 years ago

yes im doing it for fun lol
    and wanna kill my free time

7. profile image63
    Beaksposted 7 years ago

Yes, I have a book coming out in April. I have also written an ebook that I sell online. Book writing is a huge process that I think I wasn't prepared for in the beginning. I'd like to do it again, but it really is exhausting.

8. Kurant82 profile image62
    Kurant82posted 7 years ago

Yeah I have, if you are I have written a ton of stuff on hubpages concerning how to, what to avoid, and so on and so forth. I even have posted a few sample chapters in a few of my hubs for people to read. Best thing you should do if you are an aspiring author is to educate yourself about the industry.