jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are you unapproachable?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

Are you unapproachable?

Are you unapproachable? do you hate when others try to invaded your space? what effect does personal space have on  behavior?

2. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

I never considered myself to be an unapproachable person. However I'm sure there are a lot of individuals out there who feel that there space is being invaded at times. This most likely has to do with many factors. Among these are invasion of privacy. And another reason is that a particular person, may be very introspective, or shy. And for those particular people, they may in turn feel uncomfortable if approached by a stranger. And as a result may act peculiar at times.

Jl

3. R S Beer profile image60
    R S Beerposted 6 years ago

I can come across that way sometimes, but it's rarely intentional.

I don't mind people starting conversations with me, but I rarely start them myself and due to this can come across as anti-social and difficult to approach.

4. Manchester23 profile image67
    Manchester23posted 6 years ago

I rarely start conversations with myself as well - Good Point RS smile I don't think I have ever minded a crowded space, I'll get a little uncomfortable in a non crowded space, especially an environment that is supposed to be crowded. That makes me feel odd...

5. Rosie2010 profile image78
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I'm just the opposite.  I am a cheerful person and say good morning and give everyone a smile... well, at least people I know.  But if a stranger say good morning to me, I will definitely say good morning back with a smile.  I don't normally start a conversation with strangers (unless he is HOT! lol) but if anyone starts a conversation with me, I will definitely respond.  About my space, I don't particularly like strangers standing too close to me to the point of body contact of any kind, like in crowded bus or subway.  But even there, most people are respectful of each other's space.

6. Naomi's Banner profile image78
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

No I am not unapproachable.  There are some that are intimidated by me but the majority of people feel I am very approchable.  I try to smile and open the door for people to talk to me.

7. northweststarr profile image76
    northweststarrposted 6 years ago

Don't touch anything that's mine, me, my family.  Don't look weird at me, anything that's mine, my family.  Don't smile at me when I'm in a bad mood or frown at me when I'm in a good one.  Don't say anything about me, what's mine, or my family.  I might take it wrong.  If you come within my 2 foot territorial bubble, unless I am on fire, you will get stomped.  Women! Don't tuck the tag on my shirt in, pick dog hair off my sweater, or smear spitty napkins across my children's faces!!! Men! Don't wolf whistle, smack my butt, or allow your eyes to drift from the vicinity of my face during a conversation.  If you can follow those rules... Approach at your own risk... I'm sure there are more rules I haven't made up yet.

8. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I'm very approachable and strangers tend to start conversations with me alot...especially at the supermarket (not sure why).

working