jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you could choose your life, where and when would it be?

1. MananaBango profile image61
    MananaBangoposted 6 years ago

If you could choose your life, where and when would it be?

If you could have a completely different life, different time period, and different physicality, what would it be, and why?

2. iviskei profile image75
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

Japan, right now. I love technology, and Japan, and just about everything that goes with it. Even with everything that is going on there, I still wouldn't mind.

3. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 6 years ago

That would be a toss up between either the 1745 to 1780 Colonial America, the Fur Trade Era, or 1825 to 1850 Western America.

In all these time periods, Americans had a since of achieving what they wanted by their own will and determination and by the sweat of their brow. They didn't need government and it was a far away thing. You lived by your own morals, values, wits, skills, and experience whether they were good or bad. As a result, they were what you either lived or died by.

All three were times of the strong, rugged individualist. We didn't need or want a nanny government. If that's what you needed or wanted, you best stay back in the settlement, towns, and cities or you wouldn't make it. The American government knew it's place. It wasn't sticking it's nose in our lives because it knew it would quite likely get that collective nose cut off if it tried.

4. Jarn profile image72
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

Prohibition era St. Louis, Missouri. I'm related to the Mocklers, an Irish family that ran their own speakeasy there. The Mockler Brothers, five giants armed to the teeth with WWI experience in the trenches. Capone let them keep their territory because he would've lost too many men trying to take it over. I would've loved to meet them, and it would've been nice to live in a booming era where a man could stand up for himself.

5. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Here and now. Live where you are, both spacially and personally.

6. ar.colton profile image84
    ar.coltonposted 6 years ago

Here and now.

Medecine, cell phones, the internet, planes, cars.

Every age has it's pitfalls.

working