jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What book has had the greatest influence on how you live your life?

1. Dicaeopolis profile image60
    Dicaeopolisposted 6 years ago

What book has had the greatest influence on how you live your life?

Just interested in hearing about books that have influenced people and made them change the way they live.

2. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus.I recommend it for everybody. It made so much so clear to me.

3. kannanwrites profile image92
    kannanwritesposted 6 years ago

As a Man Thinketh by James Allen - Small and up to the point.

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Johnathon Livingston Seagull

I DARE You...........a series

Of Mice and Men

The Grapes of Wrath

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Rumblefish............a personal favoritie ( S E HInton gives voice to the young)

The Holy Bible----------by far the most influential and most studied and read, and most often re-visited.

And then, there, was the accounting,  of life, observation, change.....given by the pen of my own Grandfathers hand...............it is the one, that I define my own measure.

5. tlmcgaa70 profile image77
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

The Holy Bible, KJV...can't ask for a better guide for living and how to treat others.

6. vansh121 profile image66
    vansh121posted 6 years ago

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It is a book of love and romance. It suggests specially girls how to choose their lovers or husbands.

7. ubanichijioke profile image78
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

The bible of course. Reading from it has made me a better loving person.

When it comes to secular matters, a whole lots of books i can't even remember.

8. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

I found The Holy Quran to be the best book. It is so beautiful that after reading and understanding it, one feels the peaceful feeling and calm environment all around us. Regarding the knowledge point of view, it has all the medical, geological and law aspects as well.

9. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

The one book that influences my life even now is the Holy Bible.

10. TexasBobby profile image68
    TexasBobbyposted 6 years ago

Pema Chodron, “When Things Fall Apart”, has always provided me guidance in accepting the unacceptable and growing from it.

11. Sheejc profile image61
    Sheejcposted 6 years ago

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. You will look at your life and the way of living in a new perspective. That and The Celestine Prophecy. Enjoy!

12. docbruin profile image81
    docbruinposted 6 years ago

The Holy Bible.  No other book has had such a profound and changing effect on how I live my life.