jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it duplication to use bible verses in hub?

1. davidkaluge profile image38
    davidkalugeposted 6 years ago

Is it duplication to use bible verses in hub?

I know bible verses can be quoted in books and other works. I have used it in hubs but I do not understand why my recent hub is said to be duplicated just because it content bible verse while it is possible for many people to use same verses.

2. JEDIJESSICUH profile image77
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

That happened to me but it was with quotes by historical figures. You have to have enough original content in your hub to balance out the Bible verses. Or you have to take them out.

That's what I was told when I contacted the hub staff about my hub.

3. Escobana profile image74
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

Isn't this a question for the forums? Good question though:-)

4. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

the first time i used bible verses i got a warning. i wrote back and asked them why i couldnt use bible verses, i cant help it if it comes across as duplication, i cant help it if there are thousands of sites also using it and online bibles full of it. if i am writing something about the bible, i dang well AM gonna quote it word for word. my first warning was nullified and the hub was allowed to stay as it was and published. however i am no longer allowed to write hubs quoting the bible. i think this is over reacting and the bible should be exempted from the duplication concerns.

5. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 6 years ago

Why should those of us who do not use Biblical quotes in our Hubs be discriminated against? Duplicate content is duplicate content, regardless of where it comes from.
    PS... I have no issues with anyone's religious beliefs or what they chose to write about.

6. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I had a problem similar to this when I quoted a large section from a book I like. There shouldn't be any issue as long as the quoted pieces are used sparingly and don't make up most of the hub's content.

working