jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you working on writing a book?

1. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Are you working on writing a book?

2. NatalieSack profile image59
    NatalieSackposted 6 years ago

I am writing a novel, and I think I am making the process harder than it needs to be.  I actually lost my copy of it a few days ago--in my own house.  What would Freud say about that?

3. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

I am currently writing a novel and a short story. However, I am not comfortable sharing the details as I am only two months into it. I have read and re-read Stephen King's book, "On Writing" and the advice he gives is to write 1,000 words per day, 6 days a week. When I first started out I did not realize how dedicated one must be to consistently achieve this goal. Fortunately for me I love to write and so far I have achieved approximately 80% of this goal. Good question, thanks for asking.

4. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 6 years ago

I have several e-books 'in progress', hoping to publish them on Amazon's Kindle Store soon, and continue adding more to my portfolio. They are all in the same niche. Once I have a few I will publish them as a physical compilation.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Oh yes I am! I have written a children's book and a romance novel and I have one going I have gotten so far into the plot but all of a sudden no time to get back to it!

6. ElizaDoole profile image87
    ElizaDooleposted 6 years ago

I too am writing several novels at once. They say you either have a quick novel, or a slow burner which grows as a story. I seem to be only able to write slowly.

I heard a great snippet from an interview with Sophie Kinsella (Shopaholic books), she said; "human beings are apathetic, and will do the least they have to in any given situation." Some marvellous teacher told her that when she attended a screenwriting course.

Yep, it's what I want to do, but the house will be immaculately tidy before I write the next chapter. Anyone like that?

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

What happens when World War III is near and people are moving into North and South Dakota - and Northern Canada - to escape corruption, murder and terror? read more