jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What is the most beautiful quotation that you have ever heard?

1. chuckbl profile image81
    chuckblposted 6 years ago

What is the most beautiful quotation that you have ever heard?

Mine would have to be: 
    "When she is gone, I wish only to sleep. For I know that in my dreams, I shall hear her voice again."

"Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end."

What are yours?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I don't know who to attribute it to because I heard it years ago when I was in a very dark place in my life.  "The depths of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach" .. I've always loved that and kept it with me smile

3. F5487laura profile image60
    F5487lauraposted 6 years ago

'Have I forgot, my only love, to love thee?' By Emily Bronte in her Remembrance poem.

4. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

"May you live a hundred years and me a hundred less a day, so that I will never know that you, my love, have passed away.

"Life is not the breaths you take...It's the moments that take your breath away."

"You don't quite know what it is you want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so."

5. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

"The impossible can always be broken down into possibilities." ~ Unknown

6. chuckbl profile image81
    chuckblposted 6 years ago

Nice, I like all of these, how about "I have dreamed a dream... but now that dream has gone from me."

7. larcaustin46 profile image85
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."--Eleanor Roosevelt

8. Rejected Reality profile image59
    Rejected Realityposted 6 years ago

“They were watching, out there past men's knowing, where stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea.”
    - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian, describing men on a beach at night looking at the ocean.

9. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Suddenly I knew that you'd have to go
    Your world was not mine, your eyes told me so
    Yet it was there I felt the crossroads of time
    And I wondered why.

Loreena Mckennitt

10. old albion profile image72
    old albionposted 5 years ago

A sad one this. 'Oh for the sound of a voice now still and the touch of a hand now vanished ' Not poetic I know, but so very meaningful.

11. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

Treat others as you want to be treated.  This golden rule I just looked up and see that it has been in almost every culture in slightly different forms.  I do think that this is one of the most amazing quotes for self governing and peace in general.

12. 34th Bomb Group profile image60
    34th Bomb Groupposted 5 years ago

"The sunlight clasps the earth,
    And the moonbeams kiss the sea,
    What are all these kisses worth,
    If you kiss not me?"

"Cheerily then my little man,
    Live and laugh as boyhood can,
    Ah, that thou couldst know thy joy,
    Ere is passes, barefoot boy."

13. profile image28
    victor mwendwaposted 5 years ago

There comes a time when the nation is greater than one individual.To be the best you have to compete against the best.

14. profile image47
    lauraleelljposted 5 years ago

"we accept the love we think we deserve."

15. profile image46
    textbookdangerposted 5 years ago

MIne would have to be......

'MAAAAAAAAARGARET...... have we got any pirate memory games suitable for ages 12-24?'

'Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low, through the street in ma kilt i'll go, all the lassies shout 'HELLO! DONAL' WHERE'S YA TROOOOOSERS??'