jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Choose one: Being alone on an island for the rest of your life, or stuck in an o

1. ashatt profile image70
    ashattposted 6 years ago

Choose one: Being alone on an island for the rest of your life, or stuck in an overpopulated city?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I'll take the Island with wifi please wink.  Seriously, I lived in the city and I just couldn't deal with that again - the constant noise, the air pollution etc.  I would rather live on an island (only with my family).

3. nutuba profile image61
    nutubaposted 6 years ago

Though I am comfortable being alone, I would have to go with being stuck in an overpopulated city. First, I think I have something to offer people. I am an encourager -- I try to show people that they can have hope. I try to inspire; I try to motivate; and I try to teach. Second, there is a lot that I learn from others. I discover more about myself when I'm with other people than I do when I'm alone (e.g., traits of impatience, selfishness, or pettiness are easier to identify when I'm around others). For me to make effective use of any ability I have, and for me to personally grow, I think I need to be around people.

4. onegoodwoman profile image78
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I would choose the " aloneness".

I have seen far too much of the " hustle and bustle".......for a lifetime........just let me be myself.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

If I have to choose one, I really do not want to be alone for the rest of my life - so I guess the over populated city.

If I could have my family, then the island would be just fine.

6. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

Can't survive being alone. Will go mad. I would choose the overpopulated city, where I am free to contact my near and dear ones any time of the day. The reason why I love hubpages is its wonderful community.

7. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 6 years ago

I would loath living in an overpopulated city and eventually, isolationism on an island would drive me mad. On an island there would be no one to interact with and therefore, I would reluctantly choose the city.

8. profile image0
    SellyCellsposted 6 years ago

Stuck in an over populated city because it would be to boring on an Island all by myself.

9. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

I am a creature of comfort so I will choose the city. On an island I would have to find or grow my own food and provide my own shelter. I would rather have companionship. You can always go inside your home to get away from the masses but on an island there would be no one to talk to.

10. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

If I had really had to choose, I would say the island, because I hate crowded places. Although, I'd probably end up going mad; I could always find a coconut and carve a smiley face into it or start talking to the trees.

working