Can you relate to this ??

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

~the thing which I fear

~is placed in my path

~haunting painful memories

~laughing me to scorn

~one by one

~they stand in my way

~obscuring my vision

~of the truth I seek

~appearing out of nowhere

~suddenly like giants

~returning again

~until I cut them to ribbons

~as tall as they are

~they've been with me long

~it seems that today

~face them down I must

~for each time I have run

~they gain stature

~when they return

~they are stronger

~the man of war within

~wants to rid my house of them

~they've brought shame to my life

~causing me to be numb

~do not know where I got them

~nor where they come from

~I swing flaming sword

~another one falls to the ground

~great and terrible

~the awful sound

~finally I see the last one

~more fierce than the others

~I recognize him now

~he is just like his brothers

~and this battler rages

~what seemed like for days

~till I pierced him through

~and he vanished in the haze

Genuine responses ?

2. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Yeah... I used to have a pet mouse when I was little too. He just vanished one day like yours did.

1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
      quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that suppose to be funny?

1. aintsoobvious profile image59
        aintsoobviousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, Quietnessandtrust, I have to admit that is pretty funny! I adored your poem although I felt that the successive line breaks whilst helping to instil a mood made it difficult to to assess it thoroughly. It seems like images flitting and dissapearing again whilst the troubles, (in the mood of the song trouble by Cat Stevens,) you are relating are things of permanence. Not that juxtaposition isn't a great thing of course! Could you have a look at my poem? It's called All just Sheep; (lines knocked up on a mobile.) Thanks, Peace! x

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Fear drives most religionists. It is good that you are starting to come to terms with it.

I wish you well on your journey to self understanding and hope that you might become less offensive when you eventually realise that you do not need to be afraid after all and it is actually you who is standing in your own way.

Eventually you may even come to trust yourself not to imagine that these these things scorn you in your head. They are not mocking you - nor are they "bad," they are just a part of you. Accept them if you can. We all have dark parts that are just as worthy as the light parts.

This is just religionist nonsense giving you a false impression of what is right or wrong. It is not your fault - this garbage is driven into you from birth by other religionists around you. It makes them feel better if they can get others to believe the same clap trap they believe and gves them a false impression of authority. It is just ego. Let it go.

Good luck.

4. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

I hear you. quietnessandtrust
    It's not just believers who battle within.
    People from all walks face similar battles.
    Some try to get away through suicide.
    Others try to numb the pain through substance abuse.
    Some through abuse.
    Thank God we have the Comforter, and the Word, and the Name.
    Oh, let's not forget the blood.
    We are MORE than conquerors through Him. cool

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is the kind of religionist nonsense that fails so many people.

Do not trust this person who seems to think there is some magic pill available that will fix it if you just believe in something outside of yourself.

The answer is within - not trusting this religionist garbage that causes you to become a judgmental hypocrite. Just look at the passive/aggressive attacks this aka-dj  makes on people who do not behave as his imaginary friend thinks they should behave.

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

aka offers thanks to god as other religionists do, for making them better than everyone else, and chosen for eternal life as a result of now being perfect.

Truly an ego problem, and a lack of any real sense of self worth. smile

6. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

You two guys have me SO figured out. lol lol lol

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Quietness, seems to me (upon reading your post) that you've clearly identified the situation within.  I'm guessing that those of us who can't relate to what you wrote...simply haven't looked inside that deeply. 

Yes, I've whacked more than a few myself (with who knows how many to go), and you have it exactly right. Love that line about "...the man of war within...."

8. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

I want to thank everyone for the responses thus far and I appreciate your candidness and honesty and the serious replies to this serious poem.

I know everyone struggles with something at some point. big_smile

Thanks again and I hope more people come and share. big_smile

I just hope the thread is not turned into a fight. hmm  hmm

9. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

coming into terms and have peace within, thats it,

10. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Quietness, I think you describe very well what I would imagine every one faces at one point in their life or another. I certainly have faced the giants. The most surprising thing for me was to finally see the battle was with myself. Always with just me. The giants were reflections of just me. In that regard, the greatest triumph of the battle is not so much in slaying, but actually in bringing peace--in bringing consentual agreement.

The victory over self is the greatest victory of all.

That's just my experience.

11. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

It seems you have been able to conquer your inner demons! Congratulations.   I enjoyed the poem it comes from your heart I can see that in the lines.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)