jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Who is your favorite fictional detective?

1. ishwaryaa22 profile image90
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

Who is your favorite fictional detective?

There are many famous fictional detectives such as Shylock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple, Perry Mason etc.

2. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

I don't think he really counts as a detective but I really liked Robert Langdon in the Dan Brown novels.  I also like Stephani Plum in the janet Evanovich books but she's a bounty hunter.  Maybe I'll just call these my favorite people who investigate things.

3. Redberry Sky profile image95
    Redberry Skyposted 5 years ago

I'm with you, nmonders, I like Stephanie Plum, but my favourite, best ever detective of all time *ever* is Kinky Friedman, in the Kinky Friedman novels, by Kinky Friedman (!).  His music's pretty cool too smile

4. profile image0
    Jhudahposted 5 years ago

I like Jimmy Kudo aka Detective Conan from a japanese anime series.

5. profile image56
    osa agbonlahorposted 5 years ago

Thursday Next (created by Jasper Fforde) is pretty much the most amazing detective and character ever.
    And the best part is that even if she hadn't been, the books would still be fantastic because she is a Literary Detective.
    (I'll let you figure that one out yourself).

6. endless sea profile image74
    endless seaposted 5 years ago

Detective Conan and L from anime Detective Conan and Death note respectively. Other than that I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes as well, played by Robert downey Jr. smile

7. Amethystraven profile image80
    Amethystravenposted 5 years ago

I know you asked for one, but I have a three. One is the Hardy Boys, and the other is Scooby Doo and the rest of the gang. They were always solving crime and exposing the truth no matter what. I also like Dirk Pitt from the Clive Cussler novels. All three have action, adventure, and the unknown.

8. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

My very favorite detective would have to be Hercule Poirot!  I just love how he does things, how he is so smart & always ahead of the game!...and besides being suspenseful, you get a laugh or two out of watching him as well!

9. montecristo profile image82
    montecristoposted 5 years ago

My favorite is Kojack. He is street smart and no-nonsense. Tough as nails!

10. Teylina profile image60
    Teylinaposted 5 years ago

I like the humor thrown in Nelson DeMille's work, and have to admit a fondness for James Patterson, too. Both fall in light reading. I like a number of others, but detective stories usually hit me light. Just finished a Poirot (Blue Train), and have always considered him a classic.

working