jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Writers often say they have a Muse. Do you have a personal Muse and if so, who i

1. scrittobene profile image73
    scrittobeneposted 5 years ago

Writers often say they have a Muse. Do you have a personal Muse and if so, who is he/she?

2. jolinabetts profile image80
    jolinabettsposted 5 years ago

Yes i have a personal muse, its my ALF ( yes the 80's ALF) plush toy.  I think its because he reminded me of  my childhood. I had fun memories while growing up in the suburbs and watching his show on saturday night.

3. w1z4rd profile image60
    w1z4rdposted 5 years ago

I don't think a muse has to be a person per se, but sometimes it's an ideal. Personally my muse has graduated since I first began writing but it used to be my home and what I wanted it to be as opposed to what it was. I never wrote about what I had going on, but what  had hoped would go on in my life for my kids and for my final years in that particular setting. Writing nowadays as I said it has become something different because I have found true happiness in my wife.

4. Simba73 profile image72
    Simba73posted 5 years ago

The muse for me can sometimes be a person, for me it is usually my daughter, but mostly I get a poem in my head with no words (if that makes sense) then I try and write them down, normally they will flow quite easily and if they won't I forget it I never push the words as I always end up disliking what I have written as it did not seem natural, when the muse comes and I'm too busy I just jot down a word or name and this is usually enough to bring back the feeling I had to write.
    If you find that tears are on the page as you write then it usually is good, well that's what I find anyway.
    A poet friend first described the muse to me as little fairies whispering in your ear when you write, and I always liked that as so many times I have felt the words I have written could never of come from myself.
    But today the muse was the look in my Grandmothers eyes on a photo of us on FB so I wrote about her and posted here also.
    Simba

5. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I don't think I have a muse, but if I did, it would be video games. For me, stories spawn from a setting or atmosphere that I remembered liking a lot. The characters and plot are just there to help fill out that atmosphere. And, most of my projects come from settings that I first experienced in video game form.

6. EyesStraightAhead profile image85
    EyesStraightAheadposted 5 years ago

I have several and they can change daily. I can't say who they are less I divulge my great source of inspiration! smile (But I will share not one is a single person.)

7. writeyourwrongs profile image50
    writeyourwrongsposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately, my muse changes daily. This isn't out of choice - rather out of profession. Because I work as a copywriter, I have to satisfy the needs of my clients and therefore each new client becomes my temporary muse.

On the rare occasion I write for fun however, I love the works of Spike Milligan and Neil Gaiman

8. girimybf profile image61
    girimybfposted 5 years ago

i think my muse is my friend izzo ! he is so intersting! and he always gives be the best ideas for storys poems and people in my storys

9. RJ Schwartz profile image91
    RJ Schwartzposted 2 years ago

My wife usually - she inspires me to reach higher

working