jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best book you've read as of late?

1. Jesse Mugnier profile image73
    Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years ago

What is the best book you've read as of late?

2. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 5 years ago

Hard to name the best book...

My recent favorites though are Inconvenient and Pieces of Us - both by Margie Gelbwasser.

3. AhalitaMoonfire profile image60
    AhalitaMoonfireposted 5 years ago

The Law of the Lycan's Series by Nicky Charles, I just finished them, and want to re-read them again already, while waiting on the next book to come out. Also the Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian. Yes both series are Romace Paranormal, but they are really great stories. Then there is a few others I love to, which are, Acheron, by Sherrilyn Kenyon, The Host, by Stephenie Meyer, and many more.

Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love romance novels! And paranormal romance kicks it up a notch! Thanks so much!

4. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

I always like it when an author hooks me on a subject totally out of my norm.  "Dare Me"

5. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 5 years ago

I just finished A Clash of Kings yesterday. The A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin is just a fantastic read thus far. You may have heard of it because of the HBO Game of Thrones Show. I'm now officially on the third book out of five and can't get enough of it. They're all pretty long and full of a lot of characters and storylines to keep track of. I was told that as a J.R.R. Tolkien fan I would love it and the person who made this suggestion was absolutely right.

Another great read was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. It was, of course, better than the movie. If you like something inspirational and laugh out loud funny, this is perfect. I just couldn't put it down. It's only flaw is that I really didn't like the ending.

Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the suggestions!
      I did read the help and agree completely with you, the end was not what I wanted, and the movie was not very good.
      I'm going to look into the books you've suggested, thank you again!

6. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

I'm almost finished with the Bible -- first time through from start-to-finish. And it is far better than I had imagined. I had studied pieces of it throughout my life and I've studied other religions, too. But the Truths in it are profound and sometimes subtle.

I have also made numerous discoveries in the Bible that shocked even me, because the wisdom was interwoven so delicately and led to answers I had not expected.... Like a timeline in Genesis compatible with those of science.

working