jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How can I get more people to read my poems?

1. alyxsky2 profile image60
    alyxsky2posted 5 years ago

How can I get more people to read my poems?

2. phdast7 profile image85
    phdast7posted 5 years ago

I don't know you at all, so these are generic answers in no particular order:

Read lots of other people's poems; leave interesting and thoughtful comments.

Every time you write a poem, walk away from it and let it sit for 3-5 days, then rework it and post it.   Don't post more than one poem a day - we are all busy.

Make sure you have 2-4 pictures, photographs, maps to complement the poem.

Be very, very patient.  Building a  "good" following takes a lot of time and work.

Don't automatically follow everybody.  They may follow you back, but never read your hubs.   Carefully choose people you really want to read and comment on.

Do not get discouraged, read good poetry because it will improve your work.

Good luck, although luck really has nothing to do with it.   Welcome to HP.   smile

1. alyxsky2 profile image60
      alyxsky2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I will make sure to do this.

3. Goody5 profile image67
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

You can try adding more tags to your poems, which should help bring in more readers.

4. miss1magination profile image66
    miss1maginationposted 5 years ago

I have a hub on a true love poem, I do find updating, commenting, visting others for inspiration. Just like phdast7 said - This will eventually bring some more traffic to your peom.

5. profile image0
    huckelburyposted 5 years ago

Poetry unfortunately doesn't attract a wide audience, especially in the US. If you want to get more exposure, submit your work to a broader audience instead of limiting it to only one venue. And NEVER stop writing your poems. A small audience is not necessarily an indication that your work doesn't have merit. Believe in yourself as a poet and believe in the work you produce. Good luck.

working