jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Do you use notes to write, or do you compose at the keyboard?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image74
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

Do you use notes to write, or do you compose at the keyboard?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7361381_f260.jpg

2. dahoglund profile image82
    dahoglundposted 5 years ago

I have no set waay of doing these things. If I get an idea for a story or article. I'll jot down any useful ideas about it that come to mind, such as  general concept, ccgaracters, location etc. Then I will probably write a rough draft in longhand. After that I will turn to the word processor..

lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

dahoglund,
      I used to write everything in longhand back in the day, but now it's so much easier to just think and type. Thank you.
      Lisa

3. Goody5 profile image75
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I compose most of my hubs right onto the keyboard to my hubs.

Goody5,
      It's so easy to compose right at the keyboard once you start doing it. I love how fast it goes. Thanks, Lisa

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I write short, one sentance notes on index file cards (5"x4") then use them to add flesh to what I am writing at the keyboard.

MickS,
      I started using index cards because they're the only things that fit on my computer desk. I find them so easy to use. Thanks, Lisa.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

When I get an idea for a Hub I'll usually write down some quick, basic "scratch" notes on a piece of paper, then later on I type directly into the Hub capsules.

FatFreddysCat,
      I do that too unless I get an idea that I can just run with. Most of my note taking is due to the fact that I need research for a hub.
      Lisa

6. multiculturalsoul profile image82
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

I usually assemble handwritten notes and compose everything in Word first before cutting and pasting into hubs. I match up graphics after I finish the text.

multiculturalsoul,
      I understand this way you can hold on to a copy of your hubs. Cool.
      Lisa

7. stricktlydating profile image78
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

By keyboard, mainly because I can type faster than I can write smile

stricktlydating,
      I can definitely type faster than I can write too. Plus my hand doesn't get sore. Thanks, Lisa

8. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 5 years ago

Drat out notes and  after re-checking then I write at the keyboard the easy way for me.  I have to know what exactly I am writing about it makes more sense to me.

DDE,
      You know, it is easier when you've answered all your questions about a subject before you write. Then you don't have to keep stopping to check something out.
      Lisa

9. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 5 years ago

I try and publish one Hub a week, Usually on weekends. Earlier in the week I try and get the idea. I use my commute time (45 min a day) to compose a rough draft of the Hub in my head. Thurs night I sit down  and compose it onto Word. Friday night, In usually edit, gather photos and set up the HUB. i try to publish Saturday. At least thats the way I try to do it. It doesn't always work out like that

working