jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is the world too much with us?

1. brittvan22 profile image81
    brittvan22posted 5 years ago

Is the world too much with us?

Their is a William Wordsworth poem, the world is too much with us. If you look at the theme can this poem be true today? Why or why not?

2. morozov924 profile image78
    morozov924posted 5 years ago

Being a huge fan of horror, the answer I think can be found in "Cabin in the Woods", when the main characters are faced with either sacraficing themselves to save humanity, or dying with humanity. They decide that it's time for a change, for someone else to take a turn. I believe that, sometimes. Either we don't have a purpose and therefore we're just pests in the actual definition of the word, or we do have a purpose and simply aren't fulfilling it.

I know...grim outlook, but sometimes I really think we intrude on the world's beauty.

brittvan22posted 5 years agoin reply to this

no so grim, but insightful. I agree. We sacrifice life's most beautiful treasures for something that is literally depleting us of our true inner self. we become a shell of a former self or a mere image of what we could have been. sacrifice shapes us.

2. funkyfriendzy profile image60
      funkyfriendzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

3. bizarrett81 profile image70
    bizarrett81posted 5 years ago

Yes I absolutely think so.  We are not doing nearly enough to maintain our Earth and it's lucky inhabitants, instead we are ignoring its natural beauty and the simpleness of what existance could be and creating all of these artificial things and technologies and ruining it all.  Not saying I hate that stuff, but I hate that most of it has become necessary to the world.    I have daily anxiety thinking about all the bad that we are doing to it.  One day, it will simply be too much.  That is how the universe works...

I totally agree. We are constantly trying to improve, but we are fixing things that are not broken and forgetting the necessity of natural look and how obesity skyrockets. everything is all about convenience and complanceny, no challenges are welcome

4. Victormaj profile image60
    Victormajposted 5 years ago

No there is not enough of if anything. I say this with a particular experience in mind. while i was in the U.S. Navy I saw the world is filled with people from all different walks of life.They're people out here who have never seen a black person! So we need more of everything in A LOT of places. Is there going to be more evil in the world yes. Is that what people will focus on yes, But while that's going on good hearted people will keep doing good and the world.
    Thank you and stay blessed

5. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image85
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 5 years ago

We must be able to see the beauty that is in this world and see that it is worth saving this world of ours. Begin there and then spread the word. If more people stopped racing around looking for more technology, for more ways to destroy what is naturally lovely and just enjoyed the world would be better off.

very well said.