jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What words would YOU use to describe venomous, viperish, vituperative, and vitri

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What words would YOU use to describe venomous, viperish, vituperative, and vitriolic without

the actual words?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8519460_f260.jpg

2. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Cruel
    Vindictive
    Evil
    Devil
    Cold
    Bitter
    Heartless
    Abusive
    Malicious
    Nasty
    Spiteful

3. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Intent is what is important here and the best word I can think of quickly is MALICE.   You could use vengeful, but that implies that someone wants to get there own back on something you've done.   Menacing is another word which could slot in there, except that it might not be intentional menace.   The 'V' words you use are words of 'reaction' rather than 'intent.'   So to reiterate, the word I'd choose to describe those sort of reactions in a person would be deliberate malice.

4. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

My mother.  That describes her to a T!

I went to visit my dying grandfather last week.  He has pancreatic cancer.   A care taker is with him 24 hours a day.  I asked if she had plans for T-day.  She said no.  I offered to bring her a plate of food as I am cooking at home for my family.  She said she would love that.

My mother called me up after learning that I offered to bring the caretaker a plate of food and offered to buy the turkey.  She knows my freezer has limited space.  She said that she has enough room in hers and will buy it.  She also asked for a list of sides that we cook so she would pick them up too. 

Apparently, like year after year since I was born, it was all lies.  She had no intention of buying a turkey.  In fact, she has plans to go out with her boyfriend and his grown children to a restaurant.  (I'm used to it and suspected she was full of it as usual.  So I plan on buying my own turkey anyway this weekend.)

What I didn't know was that SHE STOLE the money from my dying grandfather, all the while offering to buy me a turkey ... I had no idea!

I wrote her and told her that this is a new low even for her.  Her response, I should be ashamed of myself.....I'm having tantrums at my age, it's time for me to grow up, and how dare I!

Well, how dare I this.....I told her to leave me alone and if she doesn't, I will be filing charges against her in a court of law!

So, I do declare, my mother fits the bill!

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

The word b!tch comes to mind ..................................................................................

working