jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the 10 things YOU love about Scrooge?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are the 10 things YOU love about Scrooge?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8598065_f260.jpg

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

I love everything about Ebenezer, from his nose to his knees. Alastair Sim(s?)  in the photo is perhaps my favourite Scrooge. That manic laughter, those shifty eyes, that Dickensian aura.

3. grand old lady profile image83
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

I like 1)his name because it led to the creation of Scrooge McDuck. 2) The fact that he started the expression "Bah, humbug." 3) I like the ending when he l.learns to share. 4) I like the way he would sing "a very, merry Christmas." 5) The fact that as he started giving, people were surprised.
    6) That there is always hope for someone to change.7)The lesson he imparts that he became happier after he learned to share. 8) The idea of giving as a grace rather than a burden. 9) His story lives on forever. 10) His story is not uncommon, but more often in real life, scrooges remain not just scrooges but accumulators of wealth, and often deceitfully so and dishonestly. 11) One extra -- whether he was a scrooge or a giver at the end, what you saw was what you got. Either way, he was the real deal.

4. Paul K Francis profile image82
    Paul K Francisposted 4 years ago

That he got back to business, his business being the common welfare of mankind, the business of us all. Yes!  Alistair Sim is the  best. Merry Christmas.

5. Deborah Minter profile image94
    Deborah Minterposted 9 months ago

Bob cratchet.... Jacob Marley..... The ghost of Christmas future.... Tiny Tim....Christmas day....... Mr. Ebenezer Scrooge.....
    I liked the theme of the story being three spirits that visited scrooge to save his spirit.
    I loved the beautiful language of the novel.
    I liked Fred.. Ebenezer scrooge's nephue.
    And last but not least, the Christmas caroler, that was chased away by the ruler.

working