jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

If you have deleted some of your articles/hubs, why have you done so?

1. Esther  Strong profile image84
    Esther Strongposted 3 years ago

If you have deleted some of your articles/hubs, why have you done so?

I see an increasing number of profiles which indicate many more hubs than are actually now available for viewing so presumably the hub author has deleted them.  Is it because you have moved them elsewhere on the net? where? why?

2. JG11Bravo profile image85
    JG11Bravoposted 3 years ago

I've moved a few hubs elsewhere, but for the most part I remove them for lack of traffic.

3. Meisjunk profile image90
    Meisjunkposted 3 years ago

The only articles I've deleted are those that were my first few after joining HubPages. They were ones I just didn't feel like putting the effort to editing them and adding the quality.

The other ones I started out with I unpublished and kept modifying until I was satisfied enough to republish.

I haven't actually moved any of my articles to other places.

Esther Strongposted 3 years agoin reply to this

With time and experence we can all progress and quality control is always a good thing.  Thanks for sharing.

4. profile image0
    Marc Davidposted 3 years ago

I deleted all of them except one.  Mostly lack of traffic.  And I wanted to reuse the articles elsewhere.  I think I was under the impression that if you wrote a lot, you might make a decent income.  But given the landscape changes, it wasn't worth the effort.  And I didn't want to re-write my stuff, I'd just rather use it elsewhere.  So delete I did and repost somewhere else where I had full control and less stringent requirements based on people judging what was the right length and layout.  I think HubPages is the best of the article type sites.  Glad to see it made it thru the bogus Google updates.

I have content elsewhere which I would love to move to somewhere I wd have more control, but to be honest I'm not confident I have the necessary skill to take full control LOL -  It's a little scary.  Thanks for your response and best of luck.

5. JayeWisdom profile image93
    JayeWisdomposted 3 years ago

I had quite a lot of fiction hubs--short stories and one episodic series--and removed them when I realized that my non-fiction hubs were being plagiarized. I want to publish my short stories in a collection and the series as a novella, so unpublished them to prevent their being stolen by Internet content thieves. I only hope I wasn't too late.

Having your hard work and creative effort stolen must be a nightmare.  Thank you for sharing.

6. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 3 years ago

I'm getting ready to pull a couple low ranking hubs that are also not very relevant.

working