Your life is being made into a book or movie - what's the title?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (32 posts)
  1. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

Your life is being made into a book or movie - what's the title?

If there was a movie (or book if you prefer since we are writers here) what would the title be and why?  What kind of book/movie would it be? Drama, comedy, action adventure, horror? lol I think I need to ponder this one a bit myself - I'll answer later smile

2. profile image53
    peter565posted 8 years ago

My life is very boring, so, I don't think there are any reason to make my life into a movie, but if they do...I say it would just go by my name smile

ChristinSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe that! Everyone has a story and every person is interesting and quirky and unique. I bet you could spin quite an amazing tale from some point in your life, and if not, then start now smile

3. quicksand profile image82
    quicksandposted 8 years ago

My life has been a combination of everything with the exception of (thank GOD) horror! Several 'downs' have been compensated by an 'up!' So, I would name the book ... of course influenced my interest in science ... I would call it "Footprints In Space-Time!"

Love it - smile great title.  Glad you've not had any horror genre so far

4. Diana Lee profile image74
    Diana Leeposted 8 years ago

It would likely be a drama. "My Life in a Nutshell" or "Easy Does It" or "Here We Go Again".

All great titles - I like the "Here we go again" it captures very well the repetitive little dramas and upheavals we all experience in life.

5. Austinstar profile image84
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

"The Girl Who Lived'! Borrowing heavily from the Harry Potter books. I've always loved reading and that line totally struck me as the best way to describe my life :-)

I like it - better to live and be more daring than merely exist.  smile

6. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

Love all the answers. I believe looking at the lighter side of life is a great gift, so I would do a comedy and call it "doing the best I can" wink.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

"Tragic Results of a Misspent Youth"

Or

"Keith A. Portrait of an @#$%"

1. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's funny right there! :-)

2. ChristinS profile image39

I had to LOL at the tragic results of a misspent youth.  I've resembled that title myself at times and I was certainly a wild child at one point lol.

8. whizcreed profile image62
    whizcreedposted 8 years ago

regrets of taking the road less traveled

This made me kind of sad, and it certainly speaks to most of us I'm sure at some juncture of life where we wished we had dared to do something different.  Poignant.

9. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 8 years ago

I would title mine, "Warped Reality".  I was a good student who made all sorts of bad decisions, many based on what I'd been taught was right.  The best decisions I made went against the status quo.  It looks like I'll make it out of the pit - in the way everyone, including myself, would LEAST expect!

Love it and I can relate for sure smile

10. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

I had a very interesting life in my teens, twenties and thirties, so mine would be Songs of My Reckless Youth.

I can relate - at least through my teens and early 20's smile

11. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 8 years ago

"Adventures & Afflictions of an Affable, Aloof Aries"   Why this came to me...I've no idea.  Blame it on my muse.  LOVE being a writer.  Always an imaginary entity to blame things on!

Alliteration at it's finest - clever title smile

12. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 8 years ago

I seem to be a kind of nomad, having had around 40 addresses in my life, living in Australia, Spain, the Netherlands, Scotland and England, traveling all over the place whenever time and money allow...oh, and raising a family of two boys with my long term partner...where do I start?

I'm always asking So, What Happens Next? The movie title would have to be based on that simple sentence. Friends think it should also be my epitaph!

What an amazing adventure you've had though and I love the idea as an epitaph - very clever smile

13. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    LoisRyan13903posted 8 years ago

The Sim life of Lulu.  I had an idea for a story that we-humans-are actually living in a computer and we are controlled by players.  Kind of like The Neverending story.  And the genre, comedy, drama, adventure is decided by the player

My teen son and I had a conversation like this not that long ago as he was playing Sims on the computer smile I like the idea that as the player we create our own genres.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
      LoisRyan13903posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I had the idea when I was going in the grocery store, but I think it was after playing the Sims at home

14. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

"Saturday's Child"
    This would be in relation to the old Mother Goose poem.
    "Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace, Wednesday's child is full of woe, Thursday's child has far to go, Friday's child is loving and giving,
    {Saturday's child works hard for a living},"
    The movie would be about my ups & downs in life, love, and work.
    I was actually born on a Saturday.
    Nothing has come EASY for me! smile

I was born on a Wednesday so I don't want to go there! lol smile I recognized it before even reading the rest of your answer.  Hard work is its own reward though smile

15. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 8 years ago

"Rise to my Knees"  It would be how I came from the depths of alcoholism, surrendering and getting on my knees to turn my will over to a higher power and how that was the beginning of a new life.

A great testament to a great strength.  I admire all who can conquer addiction.  Way to go.

16. M. T. Dremer profile image84
    M. T. Dremerposted 8 years ago

"I'm just as lost as you." Which is a lyric from the song "Still Frame" by Trapt. It's a song that I liked when I was a teenager and would often listen to when I was contemplating the future of the novels I was writing. I recently heard it again when my ipod was on shuffle and found it surprisingly accurate for myself now as well. The book/movie would be a comedy and it would probably have a tone similar to The Office, which derives its comedy from its awkward situations.

Love it! It embodies so well that we are all indeed a little lost and weird and wacky and wonderful - like the idea as a comedy too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)