jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the correct form?

1. florypaula profile image77
    florypaulaposted 2 years ago

What is the correct form?

Do you say " I liked reading about this. " or do you say " I've liked reading about this. "  ? I am always wondering what if the correct way to write this. I am not a native so sometimes I need a little guidance smile

2. erorantes profile image51
    erorantesposted 2 years ago

English has many forms. The best way to figure out what it is correct. You need to use a dictionary. You can buy a CD program and listen to the forms. You need to enroll in an English for non English speaking language classes. You are going to get good. Good luck my dear.

3. MonkeyShine75 profile image74
    MonkeyShine75posted 2 years ago

You have to look at the words used. I've is I have, so let's use it that way and see if it sounds right.
    "I have liked reading about this", it doesn't sound right to me. so
    "I liked reading about this" is the correct words to use, or let's say "I liked reading about America" for instance.

4. florypaula profile image77
    florypaulaposted 2 years ago

Thank you Mara. It makes sense and I don't know why I haven't thought about it. This way is really easy to recognize the correct form. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Have a nice day.

1. MonkeyShine75 profile image74
      MonkeyShine75posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Florypaula, I like questions like this. You made me stop, and think for a while smile

working