First and Foremost and Memorable by Chitrangada Sharan

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 23 months ago

Please read Chitrangada's excellent response to the word prompt "First."

https://hubpages.com/literature/First-is-Foremost

Excellent work on this article Chitrangada. It was informative and I loved reading about your experience first day as a teacher.

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 23 months agoin reply to this

That was quick, John!
      Appreciate you for sharing the link to my article in the forum. I am glad that you liked the response. Many thanks for your kind words of appreciation and support.
      Have a great day.

2. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 23 months ago

Wonderful Chitrangada.I loved how you brought out your valuable teacher's experience and gave all of us a great life lesson. First is invaluable, and your beautiful poem and the write-up fully justify it. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing, John.

Many thanks Raviji, for appreciating my response to the word prompt, First. I am happy that you liked reading about the little incident of my experience as a teacher. Teaching is a two way process—You teach, but you also learn.
      Glad to know that you liked my poem too.
      Thank you so much for your kind words and support.
      Good day to you.

3. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 23 months ago

This is an excellent article Chitrangada. I think you certainly wrote a good response to the prompt. I like your poem, but the description of your first day as a teacher is awesome. I have no doubt that you are an excellent teacher. The list of firsts at the end of your article is very interesting. Well done!

Thanks for posting Chitrangada's article, John.

Hello Pamela!
      I am deeply touched by your kind words. I have enjoyed my teaching profession, and have treasured memories of those times. It was so wonderful to be amongst the energetic and young minds.
      So happy to know that you liked my response to the word prompt, First.
      Have a great weekend. Thank you so much.

4. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 23 months ago

A wonderful response to Brenda's prompt indeed. I enjoyed your first poem, your first experiences as a teacher and the first-related events among people across the globe. All in all, I loved the creative and marvelous article. Thank you for sharing, Chitrangada.

Thank you, John, for sharing her work.

Hello Rosina!
      Always a pleasure to read your thoughts and feedback. Thank you for your positive comments. Glad that you liked reading about my first day experiences as a teacher, the poem, and also the global firsts.
      Thank you so much.
      Enjoy the weekend.

5. RozlinMohsin profile image61
    RozlinMohsinposted 23 months ago

Hi, Chitra di. Lovely response to Brenda's word prompt, first. I enjoyed reading your hub. I liked the poem as well as your first day experience as a teacher. Thank you for sharing with all us. First moments are always special and memorable.
    Take care.
    Thank you, John for sharing a link to Chitra di's work.

Hello Rozlin!
      Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts on my article.
      Yes, first moments are memorable indeed. I am glad to know that you liked the content of my response to the word prompt.
      Thank you and enjoy the weekend.

6. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 23 months ago

Di, you responded beautifully to Brenda's word prompt. It was an enjoyable read. I loved the poem, and I really liked reading about your first day experience as a teacher. Thank you very much for taking the time to share it with us.

Thank you so much for sharing, John.
    Blessings to both of you!

Hello Misbah!
      Always a pleasure to read your comments. I am happy to know that you liked my first day experiences, as a teacher, and also the poem.
      Have an enjoyable day and happy weekend.
      Thank you so much.

7. Farah N Huq profile image82
    Farah N Huqposted 23 months ago

That is an interesting first experience you shared, dear Ms ChitrangadaSharan. You were confident that you could take on that challenge and the rest went in your favour on its own. A wonderful piece of first memory and I loved reading about it. Blessings to you…

Thank you Farah, for your kind and generous words of appreciation. I am pleased to know that you liked reading about my first day experiences as a teacher.
      Always a pleasure to be read your positive comments. Thank you so much.
      Enjoy the weekend.

8. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 23 months ago

Chitrangada
    In your article "First is Foremost and Memorable" I love the photo you shared with us with the saying, "There's a first time for everything."
    It looks like a beautiful park.

You tell us how the mention of the word "First" made several ideas swirl in your mind.

You tell us how it seems those first times are etched into our minds forever.

I love your explanation as to why...
    because they are the ‘first times’— You take that first step with excitement, curiosity, uncertainty, nervousness and may be with apprehension also.
    So, the first time is important and memorable.

In Your poem, "First’ is Foremost and Memorable" you show us some moments in your life that are firsts.

In "My “First” Day as a teacher you show us a part of your world.

It sounds so rough to have to plan out the entire year beforehand.

Then to be there on your first day when you were given an incorrect topic to discuss.

You handled it with grace and excelled.  No doubt...those children were impressed and liked you from that moment on because you took an interest in what they liked.

In your section, "Some must know ‘First’s’ for everyone" you list 10 things that others achieved first...like Neil Armstrong stepping onto the moon & the Wright Brothers flying an airplane.

Those are the ones I remember the most.

You've certainly dud a wonderful job on this article.
    I enjoyed learning about you being a teacher.

It takes alot for a person to be their for children, but you seem to be a natural interacting with them.

I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

Thank you Brenda, for your in-depth analysis of my work. I appreciate your kind words of appreciation.
      The pictures are of the Lodhi Garden, situated in Delhi. I had visited this beautiful place recently, and had clicked many pictures. Thank you for appreciating the pictures.
      I am happy that you liked my response, the poem and my first day experiences, as a teacher.
      Yes, I have enjoyed my teaching profession. It was so wonderful to be amongst the inquisitive, positive and energetic young minds.
      Thank you for your excellent review and for sharing the link in the word prompt article.
      Have a good day.

9. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 23 months ago

The different elements of Chitrangada's article combine to create a lovely response to the "first" challenge. I found the description of her first day's teaching experience especially interesting. Her knowledge and ability to change plans quickly are commendable!

Thank you Linda, for your kind words of appreciation for my response. I feel humbled and happy that you liked reading about my first day experiences in the classroom as a teacher.
      Always a pleasure to read your comments.
      My best wishes to you and good day.

10. Lora Hollings profile image83
    Lora Hollingsposted 23 months ago

You did a commendable job with this prompt, Chitrangada. Your poem was wonderful and I enjoyed reading about your first day as a teacher. I’m sure your students were happy that they had someone who was both dedicated and very knowledgeable as their teacher.

1. vidsagster profile image87
      vidsagsterposted 23 months agoin reply to this

An excellent response to Brenda's word prompt, Chitrangada. The account of your first day as a teacher was very interesting to read. Showed how dedicated you are to your profession and it is not a wonder that you were the favorite go to person for the students to clear their doubts. The poem is also great and the list of firsts is very informative. Great work Chitrangada. Thanks John for sharing.

Thank you so much Vidya Ji.
        I am happy to read your positive comments about my article. Good to know that you enjoyed reading about my first day experiences as a teacher.
        Yes, I have always enjoyed teaching, and to be amongst the vibrant and energetic young minds is something, I love.
        Many thanks for your kind words of appreciation and support.
        My best wishes, always.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Thank you so much Lora!
      It’s wonderful to read your comments after a long time. How much I miss the comments section!
      I am glad that you liked my response to Brenda’s word prompt. Appreciate your kind words about my teaching profession. I have always loved interacting with my students.
      Thank you for reading the article and sharing your thoughts.
      My best wishes to you, always.

11. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 23 months ago

Very nice response to the word prompt, Chitrangada!

Your experiences as a school teacher are appealing. The poem is also wonderfully crafted.

I enjoyed reading it yesterday morning but couldn't find the link to comment on it till now.

Thank you Venkatachari Ji, for your kind words of appreciation. So good to read your comments after a long time.
      Yes, it’s slightly difficult to navigate through the links to the article in the forums, and commenting is not as easy as it was earlier.
      Thank you so much for reading and commenting.
      Good day to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)