jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you find that in the Summer less hubs are written than in the winter? If so w

1. lisavanvorst profile image79
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

Do you find that in the Summer less hubs are written than in the winter? If so why do you think that

is the case?

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 2 years ago

Trapped inside during cold blistery days is likely to generate more time at the keyboard. The only trouble with that theory is this, more adventures and ideas may spring up during summer fun time. But then again we can always go back to our summer photo shoots and write about it when the snow flies. So, I talked myself right out of any logical answer.

3. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

There are less hubs in the summer because people tend to go out more and enjoy the sunshine. While in winter, people tend to stay indoors and be on the computer or laptops most of the time. There is more activities indoors when the weather is bad. So yes, I guess more hubs are written during winter time.

4. lex123 profile image70
    lex123posted 2 years ago

In summer, people usually prefer to spend time outdoor, and in winter they have enough time to sit inside and write hubs.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

summer is hot weather hard to concentrate at all, sweating profusely. Winter is cool and relaxing, mood comes in

6. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 2 years ago

I actually write and am more active on Hubpages during the summer. I like to sit in air conditioned rooms all day and sleep in if I can. The warmer times also make you want to stay up late like 3:45 am when im writing this instead of sleeping. I am normally more active writing late at night so maybe because its light outside for so long during summer I feel like staying up and being active.

7. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 2 years ago

Yes, I do see that.  Probably because kids are home from school which is a distraction, not to mention many are on vacation.  I think the better weather makes people busier, i.e., mowing lawns, gardening, out walking, shopping at the mall, etc. 
    There is a huge scarcity on Hub Pages the week of Christmas too.
    Thank you for a great question.  Blessings, Sparklea smile

8. denise.w.anderson profile image93
    denise.w.andersonposted 2 years ago

I think it depends entirely on the situation! For me, I have more time in the summer, as my work load at my job tends to be heavier in the winter months. I do agree, however, that for the most part, there are more hubs published in the winter than in the summer.

9. alancaster149 profile image84
    alancaster149posted 2 years ago

Could be winter brings on a splurge of activity because there's not so much to keep you outdoors. You still need excercise, get out to shake the old bones and such, but aside from being in the tropics the days are shorter in winter. The daylight hours are for getting out. Once they're gone, if there's not much 'on the box' it's incentive to get on with something else (that might earn you a few bucks).

10. Lila Raines profile image77
    Lila Rainesposted 2 years ago

I do believe that a large portion of writers produce more hubs in winter due to being shut in by the weather. Also, during the summer, many of us are busy with vacations, beach days, and enjoying the long hours of sunshine.