jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the real purpose of the poetry forum?

1. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 7 years ago

Is the poetry forum/forums really here for the purpose of HubPages members to discuss poetry writing techniques and the poetry of famous poets ?

I ask because when I first came here I thought it was for posting poetry; then realised it was probably not what it was for. Other people may be led into thinking likewise by older posts.

I eventually came to realise that although HubPages lets people write Hubs about whatever they like within the rules; poetry is not really the sort of thing HubPages are meant to be about.

This is not a critical comment it is something I have pondered on - the exsistence of this forum can be a bit confusing to newcomers and I think it would be good if there were some sort of clarification for when people 'land here'.

If it sounds like a silly question please ignore me, I am still on my learning curve here - and (knowing me) I will be for some time.

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I posted a couple of mine before realising too. I don't mind too much that HP rates my poetry lowly for it being short and an absence of links and pictures... They get some views, and some nice comments smile

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I seem to do alright with my poetry. I rarely visit this thread though. You just need to find your own voice. Manlypoetryman does well too.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image72
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Not sure of its real purpose ,but I cruise to read an learn from others more gifted smile

working