Word Prompt Response for Week 37- by John Hansen ~ The Experiment

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Ever wonder how Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde came to be?
    You can find out the details in John's poem.

Also, at No extra Cost...John provides us with a second poem about an Alchemist who finds a cure for baldness.

Take a moment to read his work here.
    https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Experiment-a-Poem

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello John!
      This is an excellent and enriching article. I liked your narration and the poems. I have read The Alchemist, and you have skillfully referred to this in your well written and thoughtful article.
      Thank you for sharing.
      Thanks Brenda, for sharing the link to John's response to the word prompt.

1. Jodah profile image92
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Chitrangada. Thank you for your encouraging words. I thought you would have read the Alchemist before, most of my long-term followers would have. I thought it fit this theme well though so had to include it. Take care.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81

John
    You had me chuckling as I read your intro.
    It reminded me of this motto for our postal service:
    "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. "

I'm also delighted you included a second poem At No Extra Cost...I just love your humor this morning.

In your poem, "The Experiment" based on a book by Mr Robert "Louis" Stevenson you show us how the story of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde came into existence.

You tell us about a doctor who worked in private trying to find a way to seperate good from bad.

He ended up testing it himself & thought it was surely bringing him to his death...but instead, it brought out Mr. Hyde.

Wonderful writing on this one.  The descriptive words paint us a picture and keeps us drawn in to each detail.

In "The Alchemist" based on a book by Paulo Coelho you show us a man stirring up a concoction in a large kettle.
    He adds a bit of this and that with several secret additives.
    Each night he puts the mixture on his head & covers it with cheesecloth.
    Then he goes to sleep.
    After several weeks he wakes up one morning with a bushy head of hair.
    He's found a cure for baldness!

This would be so much more valuable than turning water into wine.

This is one experiment that eould make someone very Rich...and everyone else very happy.

And to think...it was brought to us At No Extra Cost!

Wonderful writes John.

I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

3. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Brenda, thank you for highlighting these poems, and for you analysis of the stories within.  I had fin writing both so I am glad as a reader you enjoyed them as well. And the introduction fits, because you never seem to let anything keep you from writing your weekly word prompts which are an inspiration for many of us.

4. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Thank you John.
    It's nice to know my efforts are appreciated.

I guess I'm just happy to be alive and I want to keep writing until I can't.

It's part of me.

5. Treshty profile image78
    Treshtyposted 2 years ago

I thank you for sharing the link Ms Brenda! Kisses!!!!!!

Awesome to see you again Sir John! Hope all is well.
    Thanks for bringing rainbow after our rainy days. I have lots of laughter I so enjoyed both. I can only imagine how he looks like chuckled. Hilarious introduction chuckled chuckled chuckled

Sending a super power hugs Sir John!!!!!!!!!

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Chrish, good to see you. I am happy these poems brightened your rainy days. Thank you for the super power hugs too. I need them lol.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
        Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome Chrish.
        Your smiling enthusiasm will help brighten up our day.
        Take care.

6. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

John, these are excellent poems and a wonderful response to Brenda's prompt. This article overall was fun to read and I thought "The Alchemist" was very clever.
    Thanks for posting this, Brenda.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Pamela. Thank you for reading my response, and glad you enjoyed the poems..especially ‘The Alchemist.’ Have a great day.

7. Treshty profile image78

I'm sending more hugs Sir John!!! I think you really need it HAHA. SERIOUSLY Whatever happen out there, this night will end. WINK

1. Jodah profile image92

Haha the more the merrier. Bring on tomorrow.

8. Treshty profile image78

YAS!!!

9. vidsagster profile image86
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Wonderful poems and a great response to Brenda's word prompt, John. I enjoyed the humor in the poems. Like Chrish, it brightened a gloomy day for me too. We have been facing rain and cold weather this week. Good day John.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)