A Sequel to the “New Writing Career” Fiction

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 15 months ago

Rosina has written an excellenr sequel ro  "Ready to Embark on a New Writing Career: A Short Fiction.”

https://hubpages.com/literature/A-Seque … er-Fiction

2. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 15 months ago

I enjoyed reading the sequel to your first story. I thought it was very good. I like the way there were instructions, then the story while Adnan searches and seeks to solve the mystery surrounding Nadia's abrupt departure from the university in Virginia. I think this is a good sequel Rosina, and I found it caught my attention immediately.

1. surovi99 profile image84
      surovi99posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, Pamela, for sharing the link to my story. I loved knowing what you liked about my sequel. I also love the fact it caught your attention immediately. Gratitude for your kind and encouraging comments.

3. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 15 months ago

Interesting sequel Rosina.I refreshed myself with the 1st part a bit and it is intriguing how the story has gone so far. I think Adnan would be the fundamental pillar of the theme. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Pamela, for sharing Rosina's story.

I am glad, Ravi, you like the sequel. I am also happy you refreshed yourself with the 1st part a bit. Yes, I agree that Adnan is now the fundamental pillar of the theme. I appreciate your comments. Thank you so much.

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 15 months ago

A very good continuation of the story, Rosina. What a unique ideas well. Thank you for using my one sentence challenge as the prompt.

I am so happy you liked the continuation of the story, John. I am also so glad you think the idea is unique. You are most welcome. I was only happy to use your one sentence challenge as the prompt. Thank you so much for your generous comments.

5. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 15 months ago

Your story is interesting, Rosina. I love the "Stay in touch" at the end of Nadia's letter. That makes me think that there may be some type of relationship between Adnan and Nadia in the future.

Thanks for sharing the article, Pamela.

I am happy to know you found the story interesting. I didn't think much when I put in "Stay in touch" at the end of Nadia's letter, but now it appears to me yes, you could be right. But for now I want to put an end right there. I may continue with the story from the perspective you showed me some time later.  Thank you so much for your lovely comments, Linda.

6. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 15 months ago

Rosina,
    You have once again impressed me.

I wonder why he didn't get the note translated in the beginning instead of waiting for years to pass...but then again, that makes this story more intriguing.

The fact that he traveled to figure out where she ended up speaks volumes.

I agree that her response to keep in touch is an opening line for the next sequel.

It seems you are on a roll...

Your words definitely have the ability to be published. 

Imagine...a complete novel by the time you are finished.

Great job.

I love it when you say I have impressed you again. She wasn't a very close friend and so, he just didn't bother until years later when the note aroused his curiosity. Yes, I guess that would be an opening line for the next sequel. But I just don't want to write it right away but maybe later. Thank you so much for having confidence in me to write a complete novel. I love your wonderful comments. They encourage me a lot, Brenda.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
        Brenda Arledgeposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Rosina...
        No need to write another right away.
        Let it simmer...
        Sometimes the best words come after a long wait.
        Just know that you are on the right track & your words are terrific.
        They keep us inspired..
        Congratulations!

I agree with you, Brenda. I will wait until my muse says it is ready to continue with this story. Thank you so much for the congratulations. I have always wanted to write terrific, and I guess I am near about that point. That makes me feel so happy!

7. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 15 months ago

Hello Rosina,
    A wonderful sequel to your earlier story and as always, you have kept the readers engaged, till the end, rather asking for more!
    I liked the outlines-- Generally, It’s easier to develop the story, according to the outlines!
    Thank you for the interesting read!
    Thanks Pamela for sharing the link!

I am delighted that you liked the sequel, Chitrangada. Yes, the readers are asking for more to the story. I am glad to have kept them engaged till the end. Yes, outlines always help to develop a story, and I am happy you liked them. Thank you so much for your delightful and generous comments.

8. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 15 months ago

Rosina,
    You are weaving together a good story, and as others have already written, it deserves more.  Will there be a budding romance?  Will that assistant professor be ultimately punished for misdeeds with students? 
    Thanks Pamela for showcasing Rosina's story.

You raised good points, Peggy. I feel inspired to write more but not immediately. Thanks for the ideas. I will keep them in mind. When my muse takes over in time, I will write. I appreciate your comments a lot.

9. Ankita B profile image84
    Ankita Bposted 15 months ago

The sequel was as engaging as the first part and I really enjoyed it. It's interesting how the story ends; it will keep one wanting to know more what happens next. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story, Rosina.

I am pleased you like this piece and enjoyed reading it. I will try to continue with the story some time later. I am glad you find the ending interesting and that it kept you engaged. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I truly appreciate them, Ankita.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)