Poem: Luck, Karma & Logic by Brenda

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)
  1. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 6 months ago

Please read the stunning article by Brenda based on her own prompt, "Luck." Here is the link:
    https://hubpages.com/literature/poem-luck-karma-logic

Hi Brenda,
    I loved all three of your poems. I think we should not rely on luck but create our own opportunities and make the most of everything. You poems tell me you are not a believer of luck either. It's true that happiness isn't luck. The happiness quote at the end sums it all up. Our happiness will not come to us but it can only come from us. Thank you for the awesome share.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
      Brenda Arledgeposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for sharing this one Rosina.
      I appreciate your kind words & I'm glad you enjoyed these pieces.
      Happiness definitely comes from within us.

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing Brenda's submission for 'Luck' surovi99.

Brenda, I loved all three poems prompting me to pause with each and ponder for a few moments. I am not sure which is my favorite at this time. I do favor Happiness Isn't Luck at this moment.

I have a particular appeal to creative expressions for Happiness. I have a close friend who did an abstract art piece titled "Happiness" Did you know happiness is a state of mind?

Tim...
        Thanks for reading and for your kind comments.

I can only imagine your friends abstract piece of art, but I'm certain it was good.
        Happiness is a state of mind?  Yes...one emotion I like to carry with me each day...even if the day is bad.

3. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Rosina...
      I love how you sum this up...

"I think we should not rely on luck but create our own opportunities and make the most of everything."

4. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Luck
      And couldn't leave out Work and Love
      For Love and Work creates the greatest possibility and opportunities  to be lucky in love and in life.  Work Logic shortly following the Heart. Work makes love visual.  I love myself at 50% and love the rest of the world at 50%. Many people go through their entire life without love in work or loving their ultimate love one.  It's work and love that gives luck and magic the possibility.  It's  karma if  they don't.
      I am lucky.and grateful .
      Thank you for your poem

Why not love yourself 100%? Kinda like we give our all...not just 50%

I can see where work & love gives luck and magic a possibility, but for most people true love is a lot of hard work....it's not so magical after the intial phase.

Glad you liked my poem...there are 3 of them.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 6 months agoin reply to this

What two words are more important than love and work in a successful life?. It's when science and magic are coexisting and love glues the universe together. Serving myself first is 50%, to be able to service all of humanity and nature, is the highest energy. If loved100% myself I'd be Hitler. Luck, karma and logic words are secondary.energy , we are like energy stardust beings.  If I want love I must give love. If I want money, I must give money and work and so on. All I have in life is what I give away

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 6 months ago

A very good collection of poems for your prompt "luck" Brenda. I am working on mine as we speak. I like them all, but particularly the last. Thank you for sharing the link, Rosina.

Thanks John...
      I'll look forward to reading your work when it's finished.

I'm glad you liked "Happiness Isn't Luck"  i think it is my favorite one too.

3. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 6 months ago

I like that Frank Sinatra song and particularly enjoyed your last poem.  Thanks Rosina for sharing Brenda's work.

Thank you Peggy.
      That Frank Sinatra song is an oldy but a goody.
      I've always liked it...it has a catchy tune.
      That last poem is my favorite one too.
      I hope everything is going good and you are more settled in since your move.
      Take care.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image93
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 6 months ago

Hello Brenda,
    Beautifully crafted poems, and an appropriate response to the word prompt, Luck. Your words echo my thoughts.
    I have always believed in consistent hard work, rather than luck.
    Powerful lines in your concluding part of ‘Happiness isn’t luck.’
    Thank you Rosina, for sharing this wonderful response by Brenda.

Thanks so much Chitrangada.
      I'm so glad you like these and that they resonate with your own life.

Luck would be wonderful, but we make our own fate in life.

5. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 6 months ago

Does luck come from karma or is it from something well planned out...like logic?

6. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 6 months ago

Hey Brenda,
    I read your poems and forgot to post here! I thought your angles about karma and happiness being within and not by chance were well put. You offer us a practical look at luck and how it's not always so good. Thanks for sharing, Rosina.
    Edit: Also loved the movie trailer. Made me want to see it.

7. Niks007 profile image81
    Niks007posted 6 months ago

Hi, Brenda. I liked the ending lines: "No amount of luck can take happiness away." I also loved the way you decoded the word "LUCK." Best poems!

Thank you so much.
      I do believe that line....
      No amount of luck can take happiness away." 

Have a great day.big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)