jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to clean walls

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to clean walls

2. profile image48
    Willow1980posted 8 years ago

If you like to save some money go and try a this product. Mr. Clean's Magic eraser. I have used them religiously almost on cleaning apartment walls that were scuffed up and was trying to avoid repainting them. That and hot water. Believe it or not I was able to use the eraser and plain water to clean a wall that had scuff marks and shoe prints from a teenagers boot. Also depending on the severety of the wall there is a product called LA's Totally Awesome place about a cap full of it in your water and it will help as well. If there is a Dollar General in your home town they may carry it. A gallon of it in my home town is $3.00 and it last a while.

3. JunkerBob profile image57
    JunkerBobposted 8 years ago

From a landlords point of view: I would say if the walls have been bad for a while it may be better to repaint. I've found once I clean the walls that it still looks stained from lighting or smoking. Clean to remove most stains and paint over the rest has worked for me.

4. hassam profile image83
    hassamposted 8 years ago

Its is common in our homes specially families having small kids that the walls are often dirty. It is the favorite hobby of kids to color the walls or make them dirty in some way or the other.   But if you act a little cleverly you don't have to... read more

5. easylearningweb profile image92
    easylearningwebposted 7 years ago

I have also tried using Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. I agree with Willow1980 that it works good on scuff marks and dirt. For stubborn stains, it definitely works to help "erase" the dirt. However, you have to be careful not to overuse the Magic Eraser on certain surfaces so it doesn't remove the shine or any coating.

The other thing I have tried is to steam clean certain areas of the wall, using my Shark Deluxe Portable Steam Pocket. It works pretty well.

Other than that, for light dusting, a duster works well for light cleaning.