jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When is the best time to water flowers?

1. Cactrot profile image63
    Cactrotposted 7 years ago

When is the best time to water flowers?

2. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 7 years ago

It's best to water in the early morning.  Nightime watering can sometimes cause fungal growth. Between 5 am and 9 am is ideal.

3. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 7 years ago

Jule is exactly right.  The reason for watering in the early morning is to give the flowers a chance to absorb the water before it is burned off by the sun.  It takes much less water doing it in the mornings rather than the middle of the day.

4. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Rain is a natural water source and mother nature waters at any and all times of the day, so do it whenever you have time. Peace!!

5. AuntJenny profile image55
    AuntJennyposted 7 years ago

Jule is exactly right on watering in the morning, this Will prevent fungal growth.

6. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 7 years ago

Jule is right. It avoids fungal growth at night and burning in the heat of the day.

7. Esmeowl12 profile image83
    Esmeowl12posted 7 years ago

Ive heard that watering in the morning is best.  I water in the evening, though, because I have to be at work early.  I haven't had any problems from night-time watering.

I understand that watering when its sunny & hot isn't very good because a lot of the water evaporates too quickly to be of much benefit to the plants.

8. dragynmyrlin profile image61
    dragynmyrlinposted 6 years ago

Plants should generally be watered in the morning when it is cooler and the water has time to absorb into the soil.  Watering during the heat of day can cause the water to evaporate instead of soaking into the soil.  Watering at night can lead to issues of mildew and rot as night time air is often moist so there is too much water left on the plant.

working